2.01 | COME BACK TO ME

While the entire Night Court was waiting for it's High Lord to arrive, he was no where near ready. His continuous pacing was starting to leave a path on the carpet, as the door opened. Rhysand turned his head to look at his cousin, walk towards him with a perplexed face.

"What are you doing here?" Mor's voice was stern. Rhysand went back to his pacing and ignored his cousin for the moment. Morrigan having enough of this mindless pacing, pulled him to a stop. "Could you stop pacing. You are supposed to be at the Court twenty minutes ago."

Rhysand sighed at the remainder, as he walked away from her to the table and picked up the parchment on it and handed it to Mor. Though confused, she took it from her carefully and opened it hesitantly. After reading, she let out a scoff as she handed it back to him.

"So the Human turned Fae is marrying Tamlin. What is the big deal?"

Rhysand put the paper back on the table, as he rolled up the sleeve of his left arm, revealing the bargaining ink on his hand. Mor made a questioning face at the ink, for it looked different that the normal ones, before turning to Rhysand. "Why would you make a bargain, with that girl?"

Rhysand returned to his pacing as he answered his cousin's question without looking at her. "Because. . ." He ran a hand through his blue-black hair as he faced his cousin. "She asked me to. I promised her that I would protect Feyre, and keep her safe. And I can feel it through the ink, that the girl doesn't want to. And I am afraid for her life if she runs away from the marriage."

Morrigan's let out a understanding hum, before her voice turned mocking, "You just don't want to upset, her." The teasing made Rhysand glare at his cousin, who raised her hand in surrender. "So what are you going to do?" Her voice was now serious.

Rhysand sighed. "I am going to call her back using the bargain."

At this statement, Morrigan's complete attention was on Rhysand. But her voice held a slight teasing tone, "So after three months of debate on whether you should or shouldn't call her, you finally decided to deem this a good time?"

Rhysand ruffled her hair as he put on his coat, for his meeting in the Night Court's throne room. But he looked her in the eye and tried to make her understand, what he was feeling.

"If the threat that is looming over our heads is infact true, she has the right to know, they do have old history together."

When Morrigan nodded in understanding, he gave her a small smile as he said his parting words to her with a sly wink and casual shrug.

"And it's been three months, I kind of want to see her."

♚✭♛

The training room was silent. Even the air didn't flow with noise as both the females, dripping in sweat and minor scratches and swipes of blade as they stood against eachother with their swords out.

Both of them calculating what the other was going to do next. Suddenly the smaller one of the two, brought her sword on her opponent, who ducked down in a second as she swiped her sword at the girl's feet, while simultaneously aiming a dagger for her face.

The little girl didn't see the rock behind her, as she was busy doging a sword and a dagger and stumbled to her back. Aadya smirked down on her as she stabbed her sword to the left of the girl's face and the dagger to the right.

"Always watch your back, Slyvie."

Irritated of losing again, the little girl huffed and swat the helping hand of Aadya and raised on her feet. Aadya bit her lip and stopped herself from laughing as the girl in front of her mocked her.