1.04 | BLOOD, BATHS AND FURY

♚✭♛

Time stood still.

Aadya heard as the sweet but hollow voice whispered yo her:
Ah the lost entity; you do not belong here: I will drink your marrow; I will feast on your flesh. I am what you fear most; I am what you dread... Look at me. Look at me you coward.

Aadya never wanted to turn around so badly in her immortal life and slash that creature. But she knew she could not do it with Lucien and Feyre present, it will end badly. So she held in her anger as voice kept on whispering.

Look at me, coward.

Through the corner of her eyes she could she tears spilling from Feyre's eyes as she struggled to stay still.

Look at me, Aadya. She didn't.

The cold disappeared into the brush, leaving a trail of still, recoiling plants behind it. Lucien and Aadya exhaled and the horses shook their heads as Feyre sagged in her seat.

"What was that?" Feyre asked, brushing the tears from her face.

Lucien's face was still pale. "You don't want to know."

"Please. Was it that... Suriel you mentioned?"

Aadya sharply turned her head towards Lucien with a glare before answer Feyre, "No. It was a creature that should not be in these lands. We call it the Bogge. You cannot hunt it, and you cannot kill it. Even with your beloved ash arrows."

"Why can't I look at it?" Feyre questioned.

"Because when you look at it-- when you acknowledge it--that's when it becomes real. That's when it can kill you."

Feyre's body shook with fear at the thought of other creatures just as deadly roaming around the forest. "I heard it's voice in my head. It told me too look."

Lucien rolled his shoulders. "Well, thank the cauldron that you didn't. Cleaning up that mess would have ruined the rest of my day." He gave her a wan smile. Feyre didn't return it.

"So you're old. Both of you,"Feyre said. "And you carry around a sword, and go on border patrol. Did you both fight in the War?"

Lucien winced. "Shit, Feyre-- I'm not that old. But Aadya is though, older than the war."

Aadya shot both of them a glare but didn't include herself in their conversation. Feyre swallowed in fear at Aadya being older than the Prythain war which also meant that she was more powerful.

Aadya's ignored them as her black necklace started it's slow pulsing. A call for a job from Amarantha. Aadya held in a scream of frustration as she said to the other silent people.

"I suppose you humans are such hateful cowards that you would have wet yourself, curled up, and waited to die if you'd known beyond a doubt what Andras truly was." Aadya sighed as she looked over Feyre. "Do you ever stop being so serious and dull?"

"Do faes ever stop being such a prick?"Feyre snapped back.

Aadya and Lucien grinned at eachother before turning towards Feyre with the same pleased face.

"Much better."

♚✭♛

Aadya sent a message to Under the mountains for her arrival and her weapons stash for her job. She left it there in fear of Feyre finding out about anything else.

She winnowed in the foot of the mountains where a dark figure waiting for her. The Attor. It handed her the weapons and a parchment of paper with her new target.