1.10 | HUMANS NEVER LEARN ; DO THEY?

♚✭♛

It's been a few weeks since she returned from the Spring Court to Under the Mountain. Sacrificing her only chance at freedom to save a human girl was not her plan. But she did it. Hopefully, Tamlin got her message in his head and sent Feyre to the human lands.

Aadya has been holed up in her chamber that she shares with Rhysand, wallowing in despair. It was not ideal, she had to find some other way to break the damned curse on her. But she couldn't bring herself to care, Tamlin and Lucien will probably come to Under the Mountain in a day.

All Aadya wanted was to see her brother one last time, even if it takes dark magic or her life to do it. She began sketching her brother, an angel that was what he is. All the thoughts about her brother didn't allow her to notice the High Lord of the Night Court come inside the room and stand behind her, examining her sketch.

"That looks nice."

Upon hearing the voice, Aadya was pulled out of her thinking and snapped the book shut. She stood up from her chair and put the book on a table away from him. She flashed him a sarcastic smile in return, "Thanks."

Rhysand all but rolled his eyes at her tone before he remembered the main topic he came to tell her about. "They are sending soldiers to go to the other side of the wall."

Aadya turned to him with furrowed eyebrows as she slightly closed the distance between them leaving a decent amount of space. "Why?"

Rhysand pursed his lips as he took a seat in the chair Aadya was sitting in earlier. He looked up with guilty eyes which made Aadya even more confused as to what happened. "Amarantha knows about the human girl in Spring Court. I told her."

At that Aadya stilled as she tried to process the news. This can't be happening, Aadya thought to herself. She turned towards Rhysand with fury in her eyes. "Why would you do that?"

Rhysand didn't seem to be too concerned about the situation as he casually answered, "I didn't have a choice. It was one human girl or my entire Court's safety, there wasn't much of a debate."

A sudden thought entered Aadya's mind. "What about me?" Rhysand cocked his head at the side not understanding the question, as Aadya elaborated, "Does she know I was hiding this to her?"

Rhysand clicked his tongue understanding the question, as he stood up and walked to the table where Aadya put her book and flipped through it casually while answering, "Ah. That I took care of. I was able to convince Amarantha that Tamlin was hiding it from you, because you could report it back to her. She believed it. She doesn't think that you will ever deceive her."

Aadya released a sigh of relief as she turned to where he stood, "Why are you covering for me?"

Rhysand who was flipping through the book found a picture of himself, sketched with detail, sitting on a throne as the sky was filled with stars and couldn't help but marvel at the beauty  and accuracy of it. "I don't know."

Aadya rolled her eyes at his vague answer as she pried the book from his hands as she glared at him. "When are the guards leaving to the human land?"

"They already left."

Aadya ran her fingers through her hair in frustration as she laid on her bed and tried to sleep with concerned violet eyes watching her. "You should draw more." Rhysand said as he stood up from the chair to leave.

"Get out."

"Your wish, my command."

♚✭♛

It's been two week since the death of Clare Beddor. An innocent girl, who along with her family died for someone else's selfish gain. A mystery death that will never be solved, but will be forgotten.