Ch. 4

Leonard Snart was no stranger to spending time in Iron Heights Prison. The prison's warden - Clarence Boddicker - hated him with every fiber of his being. When Leo arrived, he ordered his immediate transfer to a high-security wing, located directly above the Warden's office.

The last person Leonard expected to see during his first day back in prison was Ayana Allen.

Surprised, Leonard stopped walking, watching her approach. As he watched her, he remembered why he liked her so much. Ayana Allen may have started out as just another girl in Central City, but she grew up to become a strong, resilient woman.

When Leo first met Ayana, she had been 17 years old. She was hanging out with the wrong crowd, doing stupid things, and getting herself into trouble. She was also completely fearless, which seemed to get her into even more trouble.

One night, Ayana's reckless behavior landed her in a bar fight. There was a clear winner between her and the other guy. Before he knew what was happening, Leo had slammed him hard into the bar's wall, knocking him unconscious.

While that might have saved Ayana from serious harm, the entire situation landed her in trouble. Leo got off light; it was only because she was such a convincing liar that she avoided getting charged for assault.

Instead, she received a month-long sentence for destruction of property, leaving Leo wondering what exactly was so special about her.

After a week of Ayana refusing to talk to him, Leo decided to approach her again. He wasn't sure why he wanted to talk to her so badly, but he couldn't stop himself.

His second attempt proved to be much more successful. Although she didn't seem thrilled to see him, Ayana eventually broke down, opening up to him.

"A name is a powerful thing, Snart," She informed him, "Your name defines who you are." Her eyes met his, "Sometimes it defines who you want to be, who you should be."

Shaking his head, he brought himself back to the present. Ayana's curious eyes locked onto his.

"Didn't know you were back in town," Leonard commented, readjusting his shackles.

"Not many do," She smirked, "I see some things never change."

He chuckled, shrugging, "It's temporary,"

"It always is with you," She countered.

One of the officers escorting him, interrupted them, clearing his throat loudly.

"Mr. Snart," The officer began, "I need to take you to your cell."

"Sure," Leonard nodded, "Lead the way."

Leonard gave her a quick wink, heading down the hallway, with the guard following closely behind him.

Ayana watched him disappear, a small smile on her face. "And to think," She shook her head, "I thought I was over you."

She sighed, finally making her way to the prison's exit. For now, she had other things to worry about.

Like seeing her brother for the first time in six years.

She made her way back into the center of Central City, everything appeared the same as it had when she left.

At least, everything appeared to be the same.

Unfortunately, things weren't quite the same anymore.

If there was one thing she learned from six years spent in the League of Assassins, it was how quickly things can change.

She made her way towards the familiar building. Anxiety filling her with each step, she fought the urge to turn around. She had done that enough times already. Instead, she forced herself to continue moving forwards.