Ch. 2

The training grounds of Nanda Parbat were a sprawling labyrinth of stone pillars, hidden alcoves, and treacherous terrain. Nestled high in the Himalayas, this sacred place served as a crucible for the League of Shadows' elite assassins to sharpen their skills. It was here that a training scenario unfolded, pitting one assassin against a formidable group.

The air was crisp, carrying the scent of pine and the anticipation of battle. The training grounds were bathed in the soft glow of the rising sun, casting long shadows across the landscape. A group of highly trained assassins, dressed in their traditional League attire, surrounded their target-a lone assassin who stood with unwavering poise, their eyes gleaming with confidence.

The group of assassins encompassed a diverse range of skills and backgrounds, each renowned within the League for their prowess. They had been handpicked for this challenge, their mission to test the mettle of the lone assassin and push them to their limits. But the lone assassin appeared unfazed, their every movement calculated and deliberate.

As the group closed in, the training scenario began in earnest. The assassins attacked with swift and coordinated strikes, their weapons slicing through the air with lethal precision. Their movements were fluid, a well-rehearsed dance of combat. Yet, the lone assassin seemed to possess an innate understanding of their opponents' intentions.

With uncanny agility, the lone assassin evaded the onslaught, their body slipping through gaps in the attacking formation like a shadow. They struck back with calculated efficiency, their blows hitting their marks with devastating accuracy. One by one, the assassins fell, their training and skill unable to match the lone assassin's mastery.

The remaining assassins exchanged wary glances, their confidence waning with each fallen comrade. The lone assassin seemed to possess an otherworldly skill, their every action a testament to their training and dedication. They moved with a grace that bordered on supernatural, their strikes finding vulnerabilities in their opponents' defenses effortlessly.

Desperation colored the expressions of the remaining assassins as they launched a final, desperate assault. Their attacks came from all angles, a maelstrom of blades and fury. But the lone assassin remained composed, their movements a symphony of evasion and counterattacks. They deflected the onslaught with ease, exploiting every opening to incapacitate their adversaries.

The training grounds fell into an eerie silence as the last opponent crumpled to the ground, defeated. The lone assassin stood amidst the fallen, their chest rising and falling with controlled breaths.

"Azhara!" Sarab called, gaining the lone assassin's attention, "Ra's wishes to speak with you."

Azhara nodded, following Sarab to meet Ra's.

"Congratulations, Azhara," Ra's said, giving the lone assassin a nod of approval. "You performed admirably."

Azhara nodded humbly, a slight smile on his face. "Thank you, my lord."

Ra's smiled, his scar twitching ever so slightly, "I wish you continued success."

Azhara bowed deeply, "Thank you, my lord."

Ra's expression grew serious, "There is only one thing standing between you and the life you want, Azhara."

"I don't understand," She said, her voice strained with uncertainty.

"You are undoubtedly committed to the League of Assassin's and myself, but there's still part of your past life you cannot let go."

"How can you say that? My past doesn't matter." She said, staring at Ra's sternly.

"I see the pain in your eyes," Ra's remarked, "but I also see the pride."

Azhara remained silent, looking at Ra's solemnly. She thought back to her life before joining the League, remembering the boy she left behind.

Azhara sighed, "Leaving my brother was the hardest decision of my life."

"But you did it anyway." Ra's told her, "Your commitment to the League surpasses all else."

"But...I still care for him," She admitted, staring at Ra's.

"And there lay the issue," Ra's remarked, "No matter how hard you try, Azhara, you will always be connected to your former life. That is simply unavoidable."

"I just want to forget..." She murmured.

Ra's frowned, shaking his head, "You must be willing to sacrifice everything for the sake of the League."

"And I have," Azhara replied, raising her chin defiantly.

"And If I were to order you to kill your brother? Would you do it?" Ra's asked, his gaze darkening.

"No," Azhara said without hesitation.

Ra's gave a nod, "I knew you would say that. You want to prove yourself worthy of this family, to make me proud. But if you are truly committed to the League, then you would follow orders no matter how hard it may be."

"And that means you would order me to murder my own flesh and blood," Azhara concluded.

"If it were necessary, I would." Ra's told her.

Azhara stared at him for a moment, unsure how to respond.

"And I know I can trust you to never betray me or the League," Ra's continued, taking a step closer. "That is why I release you."

Azhara stared at Ra's, uncertain of what to say.

"It has been an honor serving alongside you, Azhara," Ra's continued, stepping closer, "And I am confident that your skill will be of much use elsewhere. Your future is bright, Azhara, now run along and be with your brother."

He reached forward and placed his hand on her shoulder, "Go and enjoy your life, my dear. Go live it the way you should."

Ra's pulled her into an embrace, embracing her tightly. Azhara struggled against his grip, wanting to get free, "But what about-"

"Enough," Ra's commanded, pushing her back gently, "I'm not interested in hearing any more excuses. Now go and be happy."

His words touched something deep inside of Azhara, driving away her lingering doubt. She nodded slowly, her expression softened, "Thank you."

She turned to leave, making her way down the steps and toward the exit.

"The world needs Ayana Allen much more than they need Azhara, I wish you luck." Ra's told her as she neared the top of the steps.

"Thank you," Azhara said softly, a bittersweet smile gracing her lips.