Ch-9 Anushka Sharma

"What are we going to do about virat and Maya?" Rohit asked.
"He won't trust me, but even you can't say anything now because he will think that I am the one instigating you and he will not listen to you."

"So now?" Ro asked relaxing that mahi bhai was right.
"We will think of something. We will have to show her real face in front of virat and we will do that." Mahi assured Rohit.

"We should leave now." He added after sometime. "We will think about it tomorrow." Rohit nodded and mahi called the security guard who helped them get out.

As mahi was driving the car, rohit asked "I did not ask before, but what's in this bag?" He asked seeing it on the lap of mahi.

"Nothing of importance." Mahi said casually.

Rohit was not convinced but he let it go since he didn't want to interfere.
They reached the bungalow and mahi said "you go, I am going to the hospital."

"You are not coming?"
"Step mother told me to get out, remember?" He reminded.
"But I am sure if you will talk to your aunt.."
"No, it's okay, I don't want my aunt to get in between this without any reason."
"But then where will you go?"
"I told you hospital."
"So you will stay rest of the days in hospital only?" Rohit asked confused.
"No, I will probably take a room in hotel."
"But this is just extreme." Rohit said looking more affected than mahi. "I mean you have a house here."
"Rohit, i have been doing this for the past 13 years." Mahi said non-chalant not understanding why Rohit was getting so tense. "Don't worry about all this, we have bigger concern like helping virat. Anyways just tell my aunt that I have taken her car and I will come tomorrow to take my bags."

Before rohit could say anything, mahi waved him goodbye and drove away.

He realized at that moment, that he had not one job but two. First was to save vi from Maya and second was to help mahi and vi become brothers again.

The next day, virat was in a better mood than last night. Specially after hearing from Rohit that mahi had gone to stay in a hotel. Luckily, for Rohit, he did not even ask how he came to know about that.

As they were eating breakfast, vi got a call.
"Really?" He shouted on the call happily. "Thank you so much, you are the best." And then put the call with a wide grin on his face.

"What happened?" Rohit asked seeing virat look so happy.
"The day just can't get better can it?" He said.
"What do you mean?"
"So you know how I signed the contract for shampoo ad?"
Ro nodded.
"So they were thinking to shoot the ad in Bangalore, but I asked my manager to request then to shift it to Kolkata, and after much convincing, they finally agreed. So I won't have to travel. And of course I don't have to decline which means I get to work with Anushka Sharma."

"The actress that you have a crush on?" Rohit asked a little too loudly making vi glare at him.
"Speak slowly." He said looking around to see if his mother and aunt are there, but luckily they were not within earshot.

"Yes, her." He said happily. "Though after getting in a relationship with Maya, I don't have a crush on her, but it will still be a golden opportunity to work with her."

"Remind me why you didn't get in a relationship with Anushka instead of Maya?" Rohit asked thinking it would have been so much better.

Virat stared at him. "Don't be weird." He said.
"Sorry, just kidding." Ro said quickly "anyways when is the shoot?"
"After five days." Vi said grinning again.

"Virat, rohit, let's go." Virat's mother said coming downstairs.
Both nodded and went to sit in the car.

In the hospital, Rohit knew he couldn't talk to mahi bhai directly in front of vi, so he waited for an opportunity. Which came soon enough, when mahi went down to canteen.