Ch-5 The actress

Four days passed, and still virat and mahi's dad showed no signs to wake up from the coma.
The doctors informed that it would take a while and that they were trying their best.

Virat was relieved when he heard that the series which was going to take place against new Zealand the next week, was cancelled and he had much time till the next series.

Meanwhile, due to mahi's popularity, unacademy agreed to sign the deal with his manager instead of cancelling it and he had to go for ad shoot but he had a few weeks.

So both mahi and virat stayed in Kolkata only, going to the hospital in the morning and being forced to go to the house in the night by their aunt.

After two days, virat got the most pleasant surprise in a while, when he saw his best friend rohit come in the middle of the night.

The doorbell woke up mahi, who came down and saw rohit and virat hugging.

"I am so happy that you came." Virat said, delight evident in his voice.
"Of course, I had to come for you." Ro said equally happy.

"And I am more happy that you remembered the address of this house." Vi said teasing him.

"Actually I didn't." Ro answered smiling sheepishly. "Ritika did. She reminded him. And lucky that she did, because I wanted to give you a surprise and if she hadn't remembered, then I wouldn't have been able to surprise you."

Vi then realized that mahi was standing behind them and even though he was not interested, he introduced ro to him.
"This is my step brother, mahendra." Vi said "and this is my best friend, rohit."

They shook hands, and even though, rohit tried his best to hide, mahi could easily see that he was hesitant and unsure.
It looks like virat must have told him about his childhood. Because he didn't even look surprise, seeing mahi.

But now it seems obvious. He has seen on tv, how close Rohit and virat seem and how they complement each other while playing.

"Nice to meet you." Mahi said smiling slightly. And then added looking at vi "I am going upstairs."

Vi nodded and after mahi had gone, vi turned to Rohit. "so how many days are you going to stay?"

Ro stared at him for a moment. "aren't we going discuss about how you are living with your step brother, who tried to....you know...."

"It was aunt's order, couldn't do anything." Vi shrugged. "anyways, I am not worried, I don't think he will do anything, I don't know why, but I have strong feeling."

Ro nodded. "Okay, anyways to answer your question, till whenever you want me, I will stay with you."

"What about ritika and Sammy, won't they want to spend some time with you?"

"Don't worry. Ritika only told me to stay here as long as you want. And she said, if they will miss me very much, they will also come here."

Vi smiled hugging rohit again. "you and ritzy are the best." He said making ro grin. "i know that." He said boastfully.

"Okay, let's go in the room." Virat said dragging rohit with him.

From two days, mahi was observing virat and rohit's friendship. So it was not fake for the camera like many people speculated. Seeing them like this together, he wished he also had made a friend this loyal and this great, but he knew it was his own mistake that he stayed too guarded and had made walls around him ever since he was forced to leave this house, so the question of a ture friend, unfortunately, never arose.

From the past few days, his aunt and step mother had also come and were staying in the house at day time, since the nurse insisted that they should take rest and that they ere trying their best.