Chapter thirty six

It's been around two months now since the police caught Jessie as the stalker. Blair and I's relationship is going well all things considered. My mum and dad have called Marcus and I into the lounge which they rarely do. The last time they did was around six months ago when mum announced her pregnancy.

We both sat down onto the sofa looking directly at mum and dad.

"So, why are we here?" I asked to get to the point.

"Well as you know things haven't been right between your dad and I for a while. We've been discussing it and have come to the conclusion that we're getting an divorce." Mum looked at us worried.

"I mean we kind of guessed, after all you both cheated," Marcus responded. I gave him a pointed look but all he did was shrug and say, "What it's true."

"How did you know about that?" Dad questioned in an authoritative tone.

"You see while you were off with some other woman your daughter was being stalked and the stalker sent us a letter saying that you've cheated on mum and mum also on you, that's not all though it also stated that the baby isn't biologically yours," I retorted.

"Well I think that about explains it," mum said in a hushed tone.

"Who are the people you cheated on each other with though?" Marcus asked.

"Daphne Wood,"

"Martian Wood,"

They said in unison then looked at each other shocked.

"So, you've been with our head teacher and you've been with her husband," I replied pointing to dad then mum. They nodded and had a look of shame on their faces.

"Wait, how do you even know her husband Martian?" Marcus inquired.

"He's one of my patients. Daphne and Martian have had fertility problems and the treatment costs so much that they ended up getting in debt with the stress that caused Martian to lose his job. With having no baby or job he felt useless which ended up making him fall into a deep depression," mum explained.

"So you slept with your client who is depressed." I stated.

"It wasn't like that. We ended up connecting and I fell in love again. I'd forgotten what love felt like before I'd met him," mum admitted slightly blushing.

"Well what's going to happen?" I asked, feeling an odd sense of worry as my life will change. Even though my dad is horrible and almost never around it will still be weird not having him here.

"Martian will move in and your dad will move out," mum said with a small smile.

"So a random stranger is getting to be living here," Marcus stated.

"He's not a stranger, he's my boyfriend and the father of your new sibling," mum snapped.

"Fine," Marcus replied walking out the room. I got up and followed him out.

***

"So how do you really feel about this?" I asked as Marcus slumped himself down on his bed.

"Okay I guess it'll be weird though," he admitted.

"At least we won't have dad's homophobic comments," I replied.

"True unless he's like that too," I responded, already slightly worried.

"I'm sure he's not, most people aren't like our dad, stop worrying." Marcus chuckled, "And hey in a few years we'll be out of this house living in a nice place away from this mess of a town."

"True I can't wait until I've completely finished school," I replied then felt my phone buzz with the same sense of anxiety that hasn't gone away, it feels as if it never will.