Chapter seven

It's Friday, the game is in a few hours and I'm trying to figure out what to wear. All throughout the week, Blair has seemed less menacing and more flirty towards me. I'm not sure if it's just because she knows how I feel about her or that she feels the same way. The day of the locker room is still swirling through my head as I try to decide how to dress. Looking at my options there is a long sleeved top with lace sleeves that I know my mum hates or there's my other option which is an old band t-shirt but that's not really an option because my mum thinks it's too worn. Basically either option I know my mum will hate but nevertheless I opt for the first one with some ripped black jeans that have some fishnets underneath to see through the rips. Next, I curled my hair in beach waves that framed my face nicely although I know it's a game I can't help but want to dress up slightly for Blair..

***

When it is time I walk down the stairs and grab my over-the-body-strap bag that has little studs on it which my mum has luckily never found out I own. Hearing a chuckling noise my pulse rises before I look behind me turning around to see my annoying little brother Marcus.

Ruffling my hand in his hair which he surprisingly didn't try to cover with a beanie for once.

"Hey!" He exclaimed his face scrunched impishly, slapping my hand away.

Laughing I respond, "Why were you chuckling and smirking at me then?"

"I just never thought the day would come when I would see you dressed up."

"I'm not dressed up," I protested.

"During all of the summer, you wore leggings and what mum deemed appropriate band t-shirts, now you're all laced up," he pointed out with an annoying grin.

Rolling my eyes and I walked out the door knowing what he said was true. It's not like I've dressed up just for Blair, I did it for myself to feel good. Although subconsciously I know it was mostly for Blair.

***

Walking out the door I could hear my black docs footsteps. Tess's mum is driving us to the game which I'm happy about because she is probably the nicer mum out of my friends' parents. Out of April and Tess Tess and I have always been closer than April and I because we were friends with each other before meeting April. Even though we're really good friends I know that April has always slightly resented the fact that we're so close.

Getting into the car my ears are instantly met with Queen music. Queen is her favourite band and that's one of the reasons I started to love Queen. At the moment 'Killer Queen' is playing but soon switches over to in my opinion the best Queen song 'Don't stop me now' sadly she doesn't really listen to 'Death on two legs' which is lowkey better than some of their hits.

***

After a few more Queen songs and some awful singing from Tess, April, Tess's Mum and I, we finally arrived just in time.

As soon as I get out of the car I go and grab some popcorn and coke while Tess and April go to the seats. The little food areas are arranged by the students who charge extraordinarily high prices to get a little extra cash. Even though I don't want to spend as much as I did, I did anyway to try and fit in and get in the "game spirit" as April likes to call it.

Walking up the bleachers I can already hear the crowd cheering and laughing from the buzz of waiting for the game to begin. From the corner of my eye I see the slight flash of the cheerleaders uniform as they strut to the side of the football pitch. As it's winter some of them are shivering waiting for their turn. Scanning the seats I notice my head teacher leaning forward in anticipation of her leg bouncing up and down from nerves. Being the head teacher she gets to sit in the best seats at the front.