There's not a star in heaven we can't reach.

〔 c h a p t e r  t h i r t y t  s i x 〕❞

"Ricky!" Eleanor calls out as she finally found her soulmate, she notices he is back in his normal clothes but doesn't say anything

He turns around and lets out a sigh of relief.

As soon as the girl is close enough she stands on her tiptoes, wrapping her arms around his shoulders.

"Where were you?" He mumbles into her hair. "I was looking for you."

"I was changing." She whispers. "I called you multiple times."

"My phone is off." He reveals why it went straight to voicemail.

"What happened, Rick?" She asks, pulling back from him.

He shakes his head. "My mom brought her new boyfriend and I just want to punch a wall."

She did what now? Is that woman crazy? "Oh baby."

"I just don't get it." He states angry. "They looked so happy- and then she is sitting next to some other guy who is kissing her cheek every five seconds!"

"I'm so sorry, Rick. That's not okay of her." Eleanor tells the boy.

"I- I don't think I'm capable of going on stage." He admits. "I gave my costume to Ej. He is doing act two."

Eleanor nods her head. "Okay. I won't force to you to go on stage."

Would she prefer standing there with Ricky? Yeah. But she would never pressure him into doing something he wouldn't want to do.

"Thank you." He sighs. "You should go back. I'll go watch from the crowd, okay?"

She nods her head. "I'll see you after." She quickly pecks his lips before turning around.

The whole time standing on stage and having to act like she is in love with him was quite awkward.

Not the worst.

But it was obvious she was more comfortable acting with Ricky.

Speaking of Ricky, he said he was gonna watch, but he hasn't showed up yet.

She just hoped he would be in thw crowd so she could look at him every now and then, knowing it would calm her down.

Because for some reason she started getting nervous again as soon as Ej took over.