I see forever in your eyes

• ❝〔 c h a p t e r   s i x t e e n  〕❞ •

Valerie stands in the hallways at east high, looking into the camera. "I dreamed of being a lead in the musical for a long time. I just never had the confidence to try out for the lead. Then Ricky came along..." She smiled softly as she thinks about the boy. "The point is, Ricky gave me the confidence I needed. And now I play Gabriella and he plays Troy. This is gonna be fun, I just know it!"

Ricky Bowen is standing infront of a staircase. "I promised Ellie I'd do the musical with her. So here I am. I'm not sure it'll be fun, but atleast I have her to keep me entertained. Because the chabce that I'll have fun doing a musical is very, very small."

With her arm interwined with Ricky's she walks towards the readtrough. "Come on Rick, atleast look like you're enjoying yourself."

The boy sighs, truth is he already is regretting this whole thing. But he promised her. "Sorry, I'll try."

"Thank you." She smiles up at him. "And thanks for doing this with me. I know you do not like musicals."

"I don't." He nods his head. "But I'll do it for you. And the cuddled you promised. Mostly for the cuddles."

She rolls her eyes. "It is very easy to make you do something, you know that right?" She chuckles. It is clear that the boy loves affection, she'll ask anything and promise him a kiss or some cuddles for it and he'll do it within a heartbeat.

"I just happen to like you very much." He grins as they walk into the room, he leans down pressing a kiss against her temple.

Nini looks away from the two and furrows into the camera. "I know me and Ricky broke up, and that I am with Ej right now. But seeing him with her.. just doesn't feel right." She admits. "Are they even soulmates for real? I never knew she had a mark. But I don't think Ricky would join a musical for her if she wasn't his. He hates and I mean hate musicals!"

Red walks in and up to his friends. "You two need to stop leaving me!"

The girl tills her head. "You told us to go ahead while you went to the toilet."

"Yeah well I didn't think you'd actually go ahead!"

"That makes no sense dude, but whatever."

"Could everyone take their assigned seats please?" Miss Jenn calls out.

They walks towards the tables, Ttoy and Gabriella are seated nect to each other, the girl grins as she sits down in her seat.

"Ginger boy. Can you read?" The girl turns around in her seat, looking at Red.

"Uh- not really." She furrows her eyebrows. Huh?

"Well you're reading now." The woman tells him. "Just the stage directions."

She turns her head to Ricky. "What does he mean he can't read?"

He sits down in the seat next to her. "Just wait." He chuckles. "You'll see."

"Don't forget to silence your phones!" The woman calls out. "I realized that you all walked in here as strangers."

"Actually Ej is my cousin." A red headed girl points at the boy who awkwardly smiles.

"But after today, you're a family." Miss Jenn confinues. "One tribe, committed to lifting the classic film to new heights."  She is interruoted by camera clicks.

The girl chuckles as she sees Carlos taki g selfie with the paper that says 'choreographer.'

"Please take your neighbors hands." The woman tells the group after Carlos put the paper down.

Ricky's hand appears on her table and the girl places hers in it and holds out her hand for the girl on her other side.

"Hands." The woman looks at Ricky and Ej.

While Ricky had no problem holding his soulmates hand, he rather not hold his, but with a sigh they hold each others hands.

"Feel each others energy." Meanwhile Ricky's thumb is rubbing over her skin. "Let the silence speak volumes. In a world full of no, this is a space full of yes."

"Nice," Carlos whispers. "Did you just come up with that?"

They sit in silence for a few seconds before the woman starts singing in a higher pitch then usual. "We're all in this together, Once we know that we are, We're all stars, And we see that."

Ricky turns his head to the girl with wide eyes, causing her to have to hold back a chuckle.

"We're all in this together." Somewhere while she was singing Ricky had ripped his hand from Ej's but still held onto those of the girl on his left.

"And it shows when we stand hand in hand, make our dreams come true." She holds the last note.

"What the?" Ricky mouths to her.

She shrugs her shoulders at the boy. To be honest it is a bit weird.

Ashlyn is the only one to clap, and the woman mouths thanks to her.

Big Red stands infront of the camera, the others seen behind him doing some sort of excersise. "Did I just join a cult?"

The girl walks by after him with her bottle freshly filled with water. "Yep."

Eleanor her head is resting on her arms as she listend to a torture called Red His Reading. So he didn't lie when he said he couldn't read. "fucking hell." She whispers under her breath.

"Stop, don't run it all together. Read the punctuation." Miss Jenn instructs.

Big Red gives her a look. "Sharpay comma heads for class period."

The curly headed girl lifts her head, turning to look at Ricky who is starring at his best friend in disbelief, not believing it was this bad.

"And that's act one. Let's take a break."