how am I supposed to think about anything else?

· • ❝〔 c h a p t e r   f i v e  〕❞ • ·

"I can't believe summer break is almost over

"I can't believe summer break is almost over. I'm not ready to go back to school yet." The girl complains as she and Ricky walk back to his house.

"Trust me, I'm not happy about it either." He groans. "But hey, atleast this time you'll be by my side."

She smiles at him. "Yeah. by the way, I had an idea."

He groans as he throws his head back. "If it is like that one time you made us go outside in the pouring rain causing us to be sick for a week I'll pass."

"It's not." She playfully rolls her eyes. "So,   remember when you were singing and playing guitar to me that one time?"

He raises his eyebrows at her. "Yeah, what about it?"

"Sooo, I was thinking we could do the musical this year together?" She smiles up sweetly at him.

"Do you even sing?" He asks bluntly.

"I have been in the musicals since freahman year." She gives him a blank look.

His eyes widden slightly. "You have?! Why have you never told me that?"

"I'm telling you now." She shrugs her shoulders. "Soo, you in?"

"I don't know, Ellie." He sighs. "I'm not sure that's all for me."

"Come on, you pushed me into skateboarding because you liked it, so now you could do something I like! Only one musical, just the first semester? It could just be a small background roll, like a tree or something."

He sighs. "Let's make a deal. You sing for me back at my place, and then I'll audition."

"Deal." She instantly answers.

Their hands brush aginst each other for what feels like the thousand time before Ricky takes it in his.

Eleanor her cheeks heat up as she interwined their fingers, she likes the feeling of his hand in her.

"I didn't even flirt with you and yet your face is all red." Ricky smirks down at his soulmate.

"Shut up." She mumbles before picking up her speed, causing Ricky to instantly start walking faster as well.

When the two arrive at his house Ricky lets go of her hand and opens the door. "Ladies first."

"Such a gentleman." She chuckles, walking inside and turning around to face him.

"Always." He grins. "Come on, I wanna hear you sing." Once again he grabs her hand to pull her upstairs.

When she gets in his room she sits down on his bed after taking off her shoes.

Ricky sits down next to her, grinning at her. "What are you gonna sing?"

She bites her lip as she looks down at her bag. "Soo, I finished a song last week, It's not finished, though."

"You write songs? What more are you keeping from me?"

"Quite a lot actually." She leans forward and grabs a pink notebook from her bag. "So, It's called perfect harmony." She opens the right page which has the lyrics on it.

"Do you have music for it?" He tills her head at her.

"I originally played it on the pian-'

"You play piano?!" He cuts her off. "Okay, El you seriously need to tell me more stuff."

She glares at him. "As I was saying, I played it on the piano, but I also have it on my phone."

"Can I hear?"

She nods her head, grabbing her airpods and handing one to him before pressing play.

She waits for the music to get to the right part before she starts singing. "You set me free, you and I together is more then chemistry. Love me as I am, I hold your music here inside my hands."

Suddenly the notebook is grabbed from her hands and the girl looks up at Ricky who had stood up.

He holds out his hand for her and she takes it as he pulls her to her feet. "We say we're friends, we play pretend. You're more to me, we're everything."

Ricky looks down at the text written in paper as he sings along.

"Our voices rise and soar so high, we come to life when we're in perfect harmony, woah-oh-eoah. perfect harmony woah-oh-woah, perfect harmony."

The girl giggles while singing as he twirls her around. "I feel your rhytm in my heart."

She nods at him to continue singing. "You're my brightest burning star."

"I never knew love so real." She sings, looking him straight in the eye.

" So real." He harmonies before they sing together again. "We're heaven on earth, melody and words. when we're togwther we're in perfect harmony, woah-oh-woah. Perfect harmony. woah-oh-woah. Perfect harmony, oh-woah,-oh."

Ricky has ditched the book by now as they dance trough his room. "We say we're friends." She sings.

"We play pretend." He stares down at her.

"You're more to me." He pulls her closer to him so they're chest to chest.

"We create-" Did his eyes just lower towards her lips?

"A perfect harmony." Did hers aswell?

And then he ducks down, capturing his lips in hers. And even though the girl never had been kissed before, it's like she knew exactly what to do as she melts into his kiss. (And maybe she melted into his arms aswell.)

Just a few more chapters till we move on to season 1!