I was a kid but I wasn't clueless

· • ❝〔 c h a p t e r e l e v e n 〕❞ • ·

T

W abuse

A 7 year old girl is standing at the door to the living room, peeking trough the little space between the door seeing it wasn't closed fully.

The little girl had woken up because she heard her parents screaming at each other.

Naturally, the curios girl wanted to see what was going on, so the girl who's curls had been braided quietly sneaked out of her bed and walked down the stairs on tip toes.

So currently she is standing close by, looking at her parents and listening to their yelling, not understanding most of it.

"Well maybe we should never had been together! Screw being soulmates!"

Soulmates? That is a word the girl recognizes. Everyone is talking about it, how it is the person eho practically is your other half, what ever that means.

Mommy told her that her soulmate is the reason of the mark on her face. That in that way she would know who is the one.

The truth is the girl didn't understand much of soulmates, she doesn't even know what the word means. But daddy told her that all she needed to know is that her soulmate will become one the most important people in her life, and she'll meet them when the timing is right.

"Fine leave! But don't expect for me to be waiting with open arms when you get back! And don't ever think you'll see Eleanor again!"

Huh? What's going on? What does she mean daddy won't see her anymore?

"You're gonna keep our daughter from me?" Daddy sounds sad.

"You said screw soulmates right? Well she is a part of it!" The woman yells back. "You wanted to leave, so go!"

The man just stares at his wife in disbelief before turning around towards the door.

"Daddy?" The girl whispers looking up at her father who stops in his tracks. "Why does mommy say you're leaving?"

"Oh, Ellie." The man sighs, leaning down and picking up his daughter. "Daddy will be going away for a little bit, but I'll see you again, I promise." He presses a kiss onto her hair.