Chapter 20

(I don't know about Bengali wedding, so consider that Bondita and Karan has done all the pre-wedding rituals and only the wedding is left)

Throughout the pre-wedding rituals, Anirudh put on a fake smile on his face. He was getting shattered each moment seeing Bondita become someone else wife soon. He saw how happy Bondita looked. 

The Rathore family except for Karan, Siddharth and their mother has gone to their home to welcome their soon to be daughter-in-law. Though Kaka was reluctant for Karan staying in RC mansion, Bondita convinced him. He agreed as long as Karan and Bondita won't meet each other alone. Bondita agreed to the condition. 

The next day, everyone came down for breakfast. Everyone sat down at the dining table. Bondita and Koyeli brought the breakfast. Bondita then started to serve Karan. Seeing this, Anirudh was feeling upset. 

K- Bondita, you sit down. 

B- I will after serving you.

K- No need for that. I can serve myself.

B- But...

Kaka- Karan is right. You sit down. Koyeli will serve.

Bondita looked at Anirudh who was playing with his food. She spoke.

B- Kaka, what's wrong in serving PATI BABU? She asked innocently.

Anirudh looked at Bondita. Did she just call that Karan Pati Babu. She used to call me Pati Babu. He thought.

K- Pati Babu? Bondita, who are you talking about?

B- Of course you. Who else? You are going to be MY husband. So, I will call you Pati Babu from now on.

Everyone smiled except Anirudh and Sampoorna. Sampoorna felt that Bondita is mocking Anirudh, which she didn't like as she considers Anirudh as her son. Since Bondita left, Anirudh always stood up for her when everyone used to taunt her. She became close to Anirudh within these 8 years. He forgave her for all the things she did against him.

Anirudh felt very bad hearing Bondita call Karan Pati Babu. He remembered in the past when Bondita used to call him Pati Babu, he used to get irritated. Later he got used to her calling him Pati Babu. He lost his appetite. He stood up to leave.

Kaka- Anirudh, where are you going? You didn't finish your breakfast.

A- I don't feel hungry. I have to do some paperwork. Saying this he left for his study room.  

Bondita knew why he left suddenly. Though she felt bad, she ignored it. She sat down and ate her breakfast. Later, everyone went for the work.

Afternoon

Anirudh was doing his paperwork to distract himself. He saw Bondita going to the balcony. He called her. Bondita looked at him.

A- Bondita. He went to her.

B- Oh Anirudh. Is there anything you need?

A- Nothing Bondita. Oh coffee. I was really craving for it. Thanks, Bondita. He tried to take the coffee, but her next sentence made him stop his hands midway.

B- This is for Karanji. I made it for him.

A- For Karan. He asked slowly.

B- Yes. Well, Pati Babu loves my handmade coffee. She said smirking internally.

Anirudh felt bad.

A- Why are you calling Karan Pati Babu? 

B- Because he is going to be my husband.

A- He is not your husband Bondita. You both didn't get married yet. He said to her angrily not liking her calling someone else Pati babu.

Bondita looked at him and spoke in a bored tone.

B- Anirudh, he is going to be my husband tomorrow. What's wrong in calling my fiancée Pati babu? He doesn't have any problem with me calling him that. Then why do you have a problem.

A- Because... He stopped not knowing what to say. 

She is right. Karan is going to be her hus... husband. He felt his throat tighten.  

B- Because what?

A- Nothing. He tried to walk away. But Bondita called him.

B- Anirudh wait.

Anirudh looked at her.

B- I want to show you something.

A- What? He asked.

B- I will just give this and come.

She went to the balcony and gave Karan his coffee. She then went back and saw Anirudh standing in the same place. She went near him and hold his hands and went to her room.

A- Why did you bring me to your room Bondita?

B- Wait.

She then went to her cupboard and took some sketches and showed him. It was Karan's name in different designs.

B- Which one is good? I thought of putting it on the wall. I don't know which one to put. I want to show Ka... Pati Babu how much I love him.

Anirudh hearing her remembered when Bondita wrote his and her name together on the wall. He remembered washing the wall angrily. He remembered how upset she felt. A tear left his eyes. He looked away and wiped his tears.

B- Anirudh. She shouted at his ears.

A- What?

B- I asked you which design is the best.

A- You can choose. I'm sure Karan will like anything that you choose. He said with a fake smile.

B- You are right. I decided not to put the name on the wall.

A- Why? He asked confused.

B- I will tattoo the name instead.

Anirudh widens his eyes. He got a flashback the day he found out that Bondita tattooing his and her name. He shouted at her for hurting herself just so that he give her wife's right. Bondita knew he was thinking about the past.

She remembered all that Anirudh did. She smirked seeing his hurt expression remembering the past. 

B- What do you think? She asked in a mocking tone.

A- What?

B- About Tattoo.

A- No Bondita. You should not do that.

B- But why not?

A- you know how much it hurts to do that. I'm sure Karan wouldn't like you to hurt yourself. He made an excuse.

He didn't want Bondita to write her and Karan's name together.

B- Fine. If you think Karanji wouldn't like it, I will not. How can I hurt him. I LOVE him after all. She emphasized on the word love.

Anirudh got hurt hearing that. He went away. Bondita looked at him walking away.

Today I gave Pati Babu title and our special coffee to someone else. I know you feel hurt. This is nothing compared to what I felt. This is just the sample. The best part is coming soon, and you can't do anything. Bondita thought. 

Hi guys. Did you guys like the chapter?

A shout out for bestbtsmylove143 for your suggestion.

Please vote and comment. Suggestions are welcomed.