Chapter 14

Anirudh came from the court. He saw his kaka being happy and telling Bihari to prepare food. He got confused with kaka's behavior. He went to his room and freshened up. He saw Koyeli going towards Bondita's room. He called her. Koyeli turned and saw Anirudh calling her. She went to him.

K- What is it, Chote Malik?

A- Why are u going towards Bondita's room. Are u going to clean her room?

K- Chote Malik, Bondita Malkin came from London. She is in her room. I was going to call her for dinner.

A- What? Bondita came. He asked happily.

K- Yes. she said smiling.

Anirudh couldn't help but feel excited. 

K- Can I go now Chote Malik? She asked.

A- What? Oh. Yes, you can go. 

Saying this he went inside his study. He took Bondita's picture.

A- Finally you came. I don't know what to speak to her. Is she the same Bondita? Did she change? What should I speak when she comes in front of me. What are u thinking Anirudh. It is Bondita. Why should u feel nervous. Be confident. 

He kept the picture back to the drawer.

Bondita woke up by hearing the knock on the door. She opened and saw Koyeli who asked her to come for dinner. Bondita said she will come in a minute. 

B- I think Barrister Babu may have come now. Whatever. I don't care about him. Let me wash my face and go downstairs. I feel so hungry.

After washing her face, she started to go when she collided with Anirudh. She stumbled and closed her eyes for the impact but before she could fall down, Anirudh caught her waist. Anirudh couldn't take his eyes off of Bondita. She looked so beautiful. Bondita opened her eyes and saw Anirudh looking at her. Anirudh was hypnotized seeing her eyes. Her innocent face captivated him. Bondita also looked at him. He has become more handsome. It seems as if as time goes on, he is becoming younger.

Bondita pushed him which made Anirudh come out of his stupor. 

A- Bondita. Look at you. You have grown so much from the last time I saw you.

B- I am not a small girl anymore Barrister Babu. Of course, I have grown in these 8 years.

A- You have become a Barrister now. I am proud of you. He said smiling.

B- Thank u. She gave a small smile. 

A- You made our dream come true. How were u? Did u make any friends? Why didn't u send any letter to me. Are u still angry at me? I am sorry for everything. 

Bondita didn't want to make a scene. So, she spoke in a calm voice.

B- Yes, I am fine. I did make friends there. Being a Barrister was initially our dream, but becoming a Barrister became my aim since all that had happened to me. It motivated me to study. I didn't want what happened to me to happen to others. About sending letters, I didn't want to. No, I am not angry at u anymore. 

A- Really. You are not angry at me. Thank u so much Bondita. He said happily. He was feeling like his life came back.

B- I don't want to remember about the past. Now I will only look at the present and the future. So, let's forget all that happened. Okay? She said smiling.

Anirudh was feeling ecstatic. Bondia forgave him. His Bondita forgave him. 

B- So, let's start anew. Hi, my name is Bondita. She forwarded her hand.

A- Hi. My name is Anirudh Roy Chaudhary. He shook her hand.

B- Friends? She asked.

A- Friends. He smiled.