Chapter 5

Anirudh ran towards the study room while Manorama followed him.

In study room

Anirudh was crying sitting on the chair. Manorama who reached there went near him.

Manorama- Anirudh, all this happened because of me. If it had not been for my Muhim, then u need not have married me. You are helping me but now because of me Bondita divorced you. I am sorry.

A- No Manorama. This is not your fault. It's mine. Bondita di...divorced me not because of u. It's all me. It's true that I applied for the annulment of child marriage. When I heard that child marriage is banned, I was very happy that change is happening. Child marriage has affected the lives of so many children. Many have died because of its aftereffects. I didn't want the same to happen with Bondita.

I wanted Bondita to have a bright future. She was deviating from her path. Rather than studying she wanted to be a good wife and was asking for her wife rights. I even did this fake marriage for her future. But now... he cried.

M- Anirudh, you have to stop your plan now. If u keep in going with your plan, Bondita will hate you. She already started to go away from you. Didn't she say that divorce is just the first step. She even told u don't have any rights to take decision for her.

A- No. No. Bondita doesn't hate me. She can't hate me. Yes, she divorced me. But I will do my responsibility.

M- What responsibility? With what right?

A- I am her... Pati Babu. Her Shikshak Babu. Her Rakshak Babu. The society will try to harm her. I have to save her from them.

Manorama sighed.

M- Do what u want. From what I saw, Bondita is strong. She can take care of herself. I am not going to come between your plans. But I am warning u, don't do things that will make her go away from u. She left from there.

Anirudh stopped crying. I have to do this. Bondita is upset. Yes, she is just upset. She will not hate me. She cannot hate her Shikshak babu. I am doing this for her. He thought. He then slept thinking.

The next morning

Everyone woke up and got ready and came down for the pooja. Anirudh and Manorama came. Bondita was standing with the aarti.

S- Bondita, from today Manorama will do the aarti. Afterall, she is the bahu of this house.

T- Bondita will do the aarti just like she does every day. He said strictly.

A- But kaka, Sampoorna maa is correct. Manorama is my wife, and she is the bahu of this house. She will do the aarti. He said eyeing at Bondita.

Bondita- Kaka, Let Manorama do the aarti. She is the new bahu. She has responsibility towards the house. I am the MALKIN. I can do what I want. Don't worry I will do the evening Pooja.

Binoy- Da, Bondita is correct. Let Manorama do the aarti for today.

Bondita gave the aarti thali to Manorama. Manorama took it. Manorama was tensed as she didn't know how to do the Pooja.

T- Start the Pooja Manorama Bahu.

Manorama hesitates. She then spoke.

M- Kaka sasurji, I don't know how to do the Pooja.

T- WHAT? you don't know. Anirudh what kind of girl have u married. She doesn't even know how to do an aarti.

Bondita- Kaka. Calm down. It's okay. Barrister babu, help your wife to do the aarti. Don't waste time.

Anirudh was surprised with her calm tone. He thought Bondita will shout and get angry. But here she was standing as if she doesn't care.

Anirudh then helped Manorama with the aarti. Manorama then distributed the prasad to everyone.