ɪɪ. ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀʟʟ

Anthea stands with a glass of wine in her hand before looking over at the entrance, seeing Elena and Caroline enter. She can't deny that they're beautiful and stunning. 

Anthea approaches them quickly. "You look stunning, my loves." She smirks slightly when she sees how they blush. 

She can feel six pair of eyes burning into her back. She can tell the Salvatores and her father are pissed about her choice of date. And she loves every second of it. 

Anthea smirk widens before she kisses both their cheeks. She enjoys the sight of how their blush gets brighter and redder. 

"My darling niece. I see you've made yourself some company. Mother want you on the stairs since you're family too." Kol gives her a proud look. He glances at Caroline and Elena. "Bye, Anthea's darlings." 

Caroline and Elena blush impossibly more. They don't know why the uncle-niece duo affect them so much. But they can't deny that the redhead beauty have charisma. 

Kol and Anthea walk to the stairs. As Elijah starts speaking, Kol and Anthea drink up the wine in their glasses in one sip. 

"If everyone could gather please. Welcome. Thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries-old waltz. So if all of you could find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom." Elijah announces before walking down the stairs. 

Seeing Elena speaking with Demon Salvatore, Anthea walks over to Caroline. "Love, would you care for a dance. I know this dance very well. After all, I am of old age." 

"How do you manage to make saying you're of old age sound attractive?" Caroline mumbles, looking over at her. 

Anthea shrugs, giving her a soft smirk. She holds out her hand. Caroline grabs it instantly with a small smile. 

"You're different than your father." Caroline speaks up as they dance.

 Anthea glances over at her emotionlessly. "Thank you. That's what I'm going for. I want to be more than Klaus Mikaelson's daughter. Much more. I wanna be great on my own." 

Caroline smiles fondly. "That's admirable. One day, you're gonna break many hearts. Thousands of hearts. More hearts than you have lived." 

"How do you I haven't already done that?" Anthea retorts. 

"You probably have. But you will break even more. You're special and unique. And not because you're your father's daughter or a Mikaelson. It's just...you." Caroline speaks softly. 

***

After Anthea finishes dancing with Caroline, she walks outside to watch the horses alone and leaves Caroline with Matt. 

Anthea sits down on a bench, grabbing the side of her head with her hand. She lets out a heavy breathe she didn't know she was holding. 

"Are you okay?" Klaus speaks up softly. He slowly and carefully sits down beside her at the edge of the bench because he doesn't want to risk her leaving immediately. 

"I'm fine." Anthea grumbles out, looking down at the ground. "What do you want? What are you doing here? Do you want to put another dagger in my heart?" 

Klaus tenses at her use of words. "No matter what you believe, I do love you, my littlest wolf. I just didn't want you to leave me. I don't want to be alone. Not alone without you. I wouldn't mind the loneliness if you were there." 

Anthea inhales through her nose.  

"It has become incredibly clear to me that you don't feel the same way. But I just wanted to tell you...that I'm sorry and I love you. None of them were worthy of your love." Klaus continues.