"Could he have just said it out of anger over Luke's death? Seven Hells, I came after you with a sword, Em."

"He didn't do anything until I confronted him over killing an innocent child. You were mourning our brother the only way you knew how. War is changing him, Jace."

"Does Mother know?"

Aemeryn let out a small laugh and nodded her head. "Yes, Mother knows. They've been on thin ice since then."

Jace sighed and pulled his sister into a hug. He couldn't remember a time he had ever seen her this terrified, and a huge part of it was due to her own father.

"Listen to me, Em," Jace muttered into her hair. "You're having a baby with Aemond 'One-Eye' Targaryen. As long as he's there, do you really think he'll let anything happen to you or the baby? The crazy fucker flew to Dragonstone knowing that Mother and Daemon wanted his head and confronted the man because he laid a hand on you. The only reason blood wasn't shed was because of you and Mother getting in between them."

Aemeryn pulled back slightly to look at Jace. He was right, and she knew he was right. Aemond wouldn't let anything happen to them as long as he drew breath into his lungs.

"Thanks, little brother," Aemeryn said with a small grin as she stood up to leave his chambers.

"Glad to be of service." Jace smirked as he opened the door for Aemeryn, and she stepped into the hallway. Cregan stopped his pacing, and Aemeryn grinned up at him.

"Cregan, thank you for allowing me to speak to my brother. I'm sorry for the intrusion."

"No need to apologize, Princess. I know better than to come between a woman and what it is she wants." Aemeryn's grin widened as she walked up to the giant of a man and patted his chest.

"You're a good man. Don't hurt my brother; it would be a shame to kill you."

"Aemeryn!" Jace yelled from the doorway, and she chuckled softly before starting to walk away. "Em, wait."

Aemeryn turned and watched Cregan walk into the doorway and disappear. She arched a brow at her brother as he walked out of the room to approach her.

"What is it?"

"You need to tell Aemond."

"Why would I tell Aemond? I believe I literally just said I wasn't going to."

"He needs to know what he's up against. I can protect you while I'm around you, but obviously that is going to be few and far between right now. Aemond never leaves your side anymore." Jace pressed a kiss to her temple before backing up to reach the door again. "Tell him." Aemeryn watched as Cregan pulled her brother inside and closed the door. Since when was her brother so smart?

Aemond didn't remember when he began to pace, but he hadn't stopped since he started. His mind was running rampant with ideas about why Aemeryn seemed to dread this pregnancy. Was this normal for a woman's first child? He couldn't remember Helaena freaking out like this, but Helaena had simply shut down. Was it because of the never ending list of women in the family that died in the childbed? That thought even gave Aemond shudders. Was it because she simply didn't want a baby with him? He finally stopped pacing when the door opened.

Aemeryn walked in silently but hadn't looked up yet. Aemond stayed where he was as he watched her. She seemed more calm since she talked to Jace. Perhaps getting away from everyone was all that she needed. Aemeryn looked up and jumped slightly when she saw Aemond just standing in the middle of the room and staring at her.

"Hi?" She asked with a nervous chuckle. Hearing her voice pulled Aemond out of his daze, and he walked over to her quickly before taking her face in his hands.