Chapter 12

The Greyjoys had agreed fairly quickly to side with Rhaenyra and send their fleet should she need it. Aemeryn was dressing in haste in the guest chambers while Aemond silently watched. She was humming to herself again; Aemond noticed she had been doing that for about a week now.

"Aemond, have you seen my hairbrush?" Aemeryn asked as she slowly walked in a circle. "I can't find it anywhere."

Aemond looked next to where his arm was resting on the table and laughed. Aemeryn scowled at him and stomped to him. He picked the hairbrush up and shook it at her in his hand.

"Sit," he commanded as she stopped next to the vacant chair.

"Why?"

"Just do it," Aemond grumbled as he stood and walked behind her. Aemeryn huffed but sat down in the chair. He picked her curtain of hair up and tossed it over the back of the chair before he began to brush it for her.

He couldn't pinpoint exactly when, but some time between Riverrun and the Iron Islands, he began doing things for Aemeryn because it made him happy. He actually felt happy by making her happy, and it was starting to freak him out. Aemond braided her hair for her quickly and tugged the leather out of his own hair to tie it off. She'll never admit this one, but she loves it when someone braids her hair for her. Mother and Daemon tend to do it. He shook his head as Luke's words came back to haunt him.

"Where to next, little dove?" Aemond asked as he kissed the side of her head and went to look through his bag for another strip of leather.

"Highgarden," Aemeryn said with a smirk. Aemond turned and stared at her. "I know you didn't go to Highgarden that night." Aemond opened his mouth,then closed it again. He knew he should have hid out at King's Landing for a day before returning to Aemeryn. "You'll tell me eventually, Targaryen. If I have to torture it out of you I will." Aemeryn kissed him quickly before walking out the door.

                                                                                               ----------

Daemon found himself sitting in the same pub as he had two weeks before. He had received a raven that morning that simply stated the name of the pub and the date in hasty letters. Blood and Cheese sat across from him once again, and Daemon was twirling a dagger absentmindedly.

"So, it's done then?"

Blood nodded, and Cheese kept his eyes glued to the dagger. "Didn't harm the women either. We could have, mind you."

"And your cocks would be missing if you had hurt them. What happened?"

"Well, we thought about making the Queen choose which son would die," Cheese said with a chuckle. Daemon glared at him and stabbed the table with the dagger. Cheese jerked his eyes to the angry face of the Rogue Prince and swallowed.

"We obviously didn't do that, Prince," Blood cut Cheese off before he could say anymore. "We might have killed a couple of guards and stolen their armor to get in, but it worked. It took us a bit to find the children's chambers, but we did. Then we had to figure out which child was which. The little girl has curler hair than her older brother."

"You chose Jaehaerys then?" Blood nodded. "Where is his head?"

Blood and Cheese stood, and Daemon followed suit. The three of them walked outside to a covered wagon. Daemon pulled the heavy tarp back and reached inside for the blood soaked bag he saw.

"It's still warm?" Daemon asked in shock as he peeked inside.

"Did you think that everyone in King's Landing would know about this death before you did? It's the hour of the nightingale, boss." Blood said before walking away.