A bit too domestic

Start from the beginning

"Oh, you... you didn't have to get me anything." George said softly.

"I wanted to." Dream responded, just as soft.

"Here!" Lana ran back into the room, and stopped right in front of Dream and held out two things for him, which he carefully took from her.

One was a clay figure that had been clearly made and painted on by a child. Dream turned it over with a smile. The figure had brown hair, and was wearing black pants and a blue shirt.

"Is this Daddy?" Dream asked her, and Lana nodded vigorously.

"Miss Sarah helped me make it. Blue is Daddy's favourite colour!" She said, and that explained why the figure does actually resemble a person and not a mound of clay. Lana had still clearly helped mould it, and painted it herself, but it had distinct arms and legs and a head, thanks to her teacher.

"This is very good, Alana. It looks just like him." Dream said, and Lana beamed, taking it from Dream and running over to George to give it to him.

"Blue is in fact my favourite colour." George said, taking the clay figure and pressing a kiss into Lana's hair.

Dream looked at the card he was holding that Lana had made. The front had the word Daddy written in very childlike writing, with some coloured splotches everywhere that Dream assumed were meant to be balloons.

He opened it up, and his face softened when he looked at the drawing she had done inside. A picture of George and Lana holding hands and a big love heart between them. On the other side, the words Love You.

"Miss Sarah told me the letters because I'm still learning my letters." Lana said, seeing that Dream had looked at the card.

"This is a lovely drawing. You are very talented, Alana." Dream said, looking at her. "You've made a wonderful present for your Dad. I just know he loves it."

Lana looked up at George, who nodded, and pressed another kiss to the side of her head, and she giggled.

"You got him a good present too!" She said, running back over and taking the card from Dream, placing it on the table.

"I did?" Dream asked, thoroughly confused because he hadn't given George his gift yet.

"Yeah! You is here!" She said, hitting his knees as she grinned up at him. "That is the bestest present."

"Oh." Dream glanced up at George briefly. "Well, I did actually get him a real present too."

"What is it?" Lana gasped, grinning like it was her own present.

"Do you want to come with me to get it from my car?" Dream asked, and she nodded furiously, pulling him to his feet. Dream looked down at his outfit. "And then maybe I should get home and shower and get dressed." He chuckled.

"You can have a shower here if you like. I'm sure there's some clothes you could wear." George offered, as Lana was still tugging on Dream's hand.

"I don't want to overstay my welcome." Dream said, and Lana successfully pulled him out of the room. He went with a small laugh.

Lana tugged on his hand the entire way out of the apartment, chatting away until they reached the car, where she let go of his hand for him to unlock it.

"What did you buy Daddy!" She said, jumping up and down on the sidewalk as Dream pulled out a small bag from the front seat.

"You can take it up and give it to him. No peaking, okay?" Dream said, handing her the bag. She nodded, and held it very carefully.

Dream felt slightly self conscious as he was still quite literally in a halloween costume despite it being the next morning. Thankfully, he was yet to see another person. But he was quite looking forward to showering when he got home.