"Ah. Now you're concentrating its energy into flames." Raiden smiled. "I'm impressed. You seem to adapt quite well with it."

"I always learn quick, Lord Raiden." Aric said getting into a stance again.

Raiden blasted a full charge of lightning at him but Aric blocked and deflected the bolts with his energy, he jumped in with a kick but Raiden moved aside and threw a hit his way and Aric rolled out of the way before performing a leg sweep. Raiden flipped over the leg sweep and soared over Aric's head before grabbing his arms, Aric quickly slithered out of his grip and landed a kick on the gut of the thunder god and he staggered back a few feet.

"Very good, Prince Aric. Your skill is unprecedented." Raiden bowed.

Aric dropped the stance and returned the bow.

"Thank you, Lord Raiden."

"I must return and consult the Elder Gods about your predicament with Outworld." Raiden said

"That would be helpful." Aric said.

Raiden nodded before flashing away.

"General Aric!" A voice said as he heard footsteps come into his chambers.

He turned and saw his Captain, Tyra approach him.

"What's the urgency, Tyra? You look distressed." he asked.

"Motaro and a few of Shao Kahn's spies were spotted outside Edenia, they are SouthWest from here." Tyra said in urgency.

Aric frowned at this. It had begun.

"He was waiting for me to get comfortable. That fool!" Aric said before he stormed toward the door that led out into the halls of the palace.

Tyra followed behind.

"Ready our Imperial guard, the king, queen and the infant princess have to be protected at all costs." Aric commanded. "I know our soldiers are tired from the battle in Netherrrealm. But call to them, make sure Edenia is secured."

"Yes, General." Tyra said with a nod. "What will you do?"

"To confront our guests." Aric stated.

Tyra nodded and took off to rally her fellow comrades.

Aric knew fighting the demons in Netherrealm was too obvious. His soldiers were still fatigued and injured from that battle, now Shao Kahn used that to his advantage to surprise them.

"Well played, Shao Kahn. Well played." he muttered in rage.

"Aric, what's happening?!" Sindel asked as she appeared to his right.

"I have this handled, Sindel. Go protect Kitana and keep her and Jerrod safe." Aric shut her down quickly.

"I will help you, Aric. As king of Edenia, it is my responsibility." Jerrod said as he appeared.

"No. I need you here with your wife and child, protect them." Aric said as he turned to him.

"I canno-"

"End of discussion, brother! I need you here to protect the inner city with the Imperial forces in case Shao Kahn' forces get through to Edenia." Aric ordered.

"Very well, brother. Be careful." Jerrod said before hugging him.

Aric hugged back and patted his back.

"Take care of yourself." Sindel said before hugging Aric as well.

He hugged her and held her close.

"You two look out for each other." Aric said before he turned and left.