43. A Very Supernatural Christmas

Start from the beginning

Sam sighed. "Stocking, mistletoe... this." He gave Dean something from his pocket.

"A tooth? Where was this?" Dean examined the tooth.

"In the chimney."

"Chimney? No way a man fits up a chimney. It's too narrow."

"No way he fits up in one piece."

"All right, so, if Dad went up the chimney-"

"We need to find out what dragged him up there."

MOTEL

Pictures of demons were pinned to the wall. Sam was searching the Internet for information on demons. Juliette was reading to Deanna. The door opened and Dean walked inside, carrying a brown paper bag.

"So, was I right?" Dean asked, "Is it the serial-killing chimney sweep?"

"Yep," Sam replied. "It's, uh, it's actually Dick Van Dyke."

"Who?"

"Mary Poppins," Juliette clarified.

"Who's that?"

"Only the best nanny ever."

"Oh come on -- never mind." Sam waved his hand.

"It turns out that Walsh is the second guy in town grabbed out of his house this month," Dean said.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"The other guy get dragged up the chimney, too?"

"Don't know. Witnesses sad they heard a thump on the roof. So, what the hell do you think we're dealing with?"

"Actually, I have an idea."

"Yeah?"

"Uh, it's gonna sound crazy."

"What could you possibly say that sounds crazy to me?"

Sam motioned for Deanna's ears to be covered before he said, "Uh... evil Santa."

Dean paused and nodded. "Yeah, that's crazy."

"Yeah... I mean, she's just saying that there's some version of the anti-Claus in every culture." He showed Dean some evil Santa pictures. "You got Belsnickel, Krampus, Black Peter." Dean took the pictures from Sam. "Whatever you want to call it, there's all sorts of lore."

"Saying what?"

"Saying back in the day, Santa's brother went rogue and now he shows up around Christmas time, but instead of bringing presents, he punishes the wicked."

"By hauling their ass up the chimney?"

"For starters, yeah."

"So, this is both your theory, huh? Santa's shady brother?"

"Well, I'm just saying that's what the lore says."

"Santa doesn't have a brother. There is no Santa."

Sam frowned. "Yeah, we know. You're the one who told me that in the first place, remember." He looked at Dean, who looked down, then Sam sighed. "Yeah, you know what, I could be wrong."

"Maybe, maybe not."

"What?" Sam and Juliette asked, the latter removing her hands from her daughter's ears.

"I did a little digging. Turns out both victims visited the same place before they got snatched."

"Where?"

SANTA'S VILLAGE

Christmas music played, children were playing, and people wearing Christmas costumes were walking.