Part 3: Unintended Desires

Author's Note:
I am sorry if you find this fanfic a bit wordy than it should be, I'm currently testing my writing style and vocabulary knowledge that I have. If you find yourself liking a certain part of my story, do let me know, it will help a lot to improve my creativity :)

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

TOM RIDDLE'S POV

I had always prided myself on my unparalleled cunning and my extraordinary ability to manipulate those around me. My fifth year at this esteemed institution was no exception, but this time, my target was different. Y/N, a seemingly ordinary student, had inadvertently stumbled upon my most closely guarded secret: the Chamber of Secrets. This discovery posed a grave threat to my grand plans, and I simply could not allow it to jeopardize everything I had worked so tirelessly to achieve.

 This discovery posed a grave threat to my grand plans, and I simply could not allow it to jeopardize everything I had worked so tirelessly to achieve

In the dimly lit corridors of the castle, I began to stealthily stalk Y/N, always remaining hidden from her unsuspecting gaze. I meticulously observed her every move, every interaction, and every uttered word. It was imperative that I ensured she posed no danger to my ambitions.

Yet, as I surreptitiously watched her, an unexpected phenomenon occurred. I found myself inexplicably drawn to her, not merely as a potential adversary, but as a person. There was an innocence, a purity about her that I had long since forsaken. I couldn't help but be captivated by her presence, and this perplexed me greatly. Emotions had always been a trouble to me.

On the fateful night when I was caught in the act of opening the Chamber of Secrets, I had no alternative but to employ the Obliviate charm, erasing her memory of the incident. This action was a necessary measure to safeguard my secrets, but it also afforded me the opportunity to study her more closely, unbeknownst to her. I listened intently to the rumours and whispers that circulated around her, extracting valuable information about her preferences, aversions, and the individuals she placed her trust.

Gradually, I embarked upon the creation of a carefully crafted persona, one that would gradually earn her trust. Deliberately initiating conversations with her, I offered my assistance with her studies and simulated a sense of camaraderie. It was all part of my meticulously devised plan, a means to manipulate her into unwittingly becoming a pawn in my grand design. However, the more I interacted with her, the more I found myself relishing our exchanges. Her laughter resonated like a symphony in my ears, and her smile possessed an indescribable effect on me.

As the days transformed into weeks and the weeks into months, I could no longer deny the undeniable truth. I was falling irrevocably in love with Y/N, and this realization filled me with an overwhelming sense of terror. I had always believed that love was a weakness, a vulnerability to be exploited, but now, I was beginning to comprehend its formidable power. It consumed me entirely, altering me in ways I had never deemed possible.