Chapter 4

__________________________
"Important encounters are planned by the souls long before the bodies see each other."
-Paulo Ceolho
___________________________

{Sorry guys. I accidentally typed Sangeet instead of Haldi in the last chapter so I'm extremely sorry for that. Hopefully that clears everything to what's going to happen.}

Nia's POV:

I woke up to the clinging sounds of giggles coming from the hall. I groaned as I placed a pillow over my head to prevent the noises, but I was awakened again with the annoying sounds.

What a great way to start the day.

I got up and yawned. I checked the clock and like always, screamed. I headed to the bathroom, more like ran.

I was getting late for the Mehendi ceremony and Sana didn't even wake me. I quickly showered and grabbed the salwar kameez from the cupboard. I quickly dried my hair and wore my clothes. I kept my straight hair to the side as I did my make up.

Simple yet elegant.

I smiled at my reflection and I soon ran towards the door. I picked my phone on the way as I ran out of the room.

Dang it, almost everyone else had left for the house. I noticed Vihaan and I ran towards him with a sigh of relief.

"Where were you?" He asked as soon as he caught a sight of me.

"Got up late." I mumbled as he shook his head like I was a child.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked as he pointed towards the car and I quickly made my way towards them.

I got in and everyone smiled. I smiled back and looked around to see if Sanaya was there. After all I did have to give the girl a piece of my mind for not waking me up.

Where's Sana?" I asked as I couldn't find her in the car.

"She left already." Shrishti responded as she ate a banana.

"Save something to stuff in your mouth for the wedding." Ranveer told her as she rolled her eyes.

"Not like my husband is going to accidentally meet me there." She said as everyone laughed.

"I'll just tell one of the aunties that you're next in line." Ranveer retorted as she slapped him on the arm.

"Guys. Calm down. We have to reach there on time and Aryan is still not here." I said as they all quieted down.

I was sitting in the backseat with Suhani and Ranveer. In the row in front of mine was accompanied with Vihaan, Akash and Myra. Vivaan was already sitting in the front, waiting for Aryan to come. Finally he raced towards the car as we sighed.

We drove to the house and it was only three minutes away so I didn't even know why we needed a car. Then again, people would call us weird if we ran through the streets of Aukland wearing Lehengas and Kurtas.

Not that the fact that we had loud Punjabi music playing since the wedding preparations weren't trouble enough for the people in New Zealand.

"Get out." Vivaan ordered as we all ran towards the house.

"Rude." Ranveer stated as Vivaan pushed him out.

We dodged all of the random relatives of Sid's and finally made our way inside to find everything in a ruckus.

The reason we had to be there on time was because their parents were very time conscious so if we were late by a minute, we'd miss out on all of the fun. And none of us would like that.