Chapter 2

__________________________
There comes a time when you meet someone and you just want to make them smile for the rest of your life.
-Unknown
__________________________

Nia POV:

I watched Sana pace back and forth across the hall with a file in one hand and her phone in the other. I groaned for the fifth time as she didn't seem to notice. I went back to playing chess by myself.

Our flight was in about three hours and this chick decides to work through that too? Gosh she needs to learn to chill. I'm taking her phone from her once we get on the plane!

I frowned as I couldn't understand how I should get my self out in check-mate when I already had my other half on check-mate. Playing chess by yourself is actually a powerful game. I'm insane aren't I?

"Mr.Skov I'll try my best to send you the details by tomorrow because tonight I have a flight to catch." I looked up to find her sitting with another handful of files.

"Yes, and thank you so much once again." She finally ended the call as I groaned louder and she turned to look.

"What the heck Sana!" I said as I got up from my seat and walked over to her.

"What can I do when you're the one that put me through this mess?" She asked with an annoyed look.

She had been way too stressed and now she is blaming me! See this is the first stage of denial and then it will lead to her going off to a mental asylum...

"I have to hand my case to Mr.Skov and my client isn't very happy about it." She sighed as she took her laptop from the table and started to type.

"That dude can handle one case. I mean he is the 3rd best in New York." I reminded her.

"Nia! He is 81 and you're calling him a dude?" She didn't even turn to look at me as she kept typing her stupid case report.

"Yeah, it's his time to party!" I said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes.

"Why doesn't he retire?" I asked as she sent her email and shut off the laptop.

"It's his only way of staying happy." She frowned as I sat beside her.

I looked at her with a confused look as she sighed and I sensed some type of emotional thing coming at me. I wasn't the best person with all these sad things but I guess this is my job as a psychologist to help.

"Mr. Skov's son was in the army and he passed away at a very young age. His wife died of tuberculosis right after his son passed away. He has nothing to live for." She said as I felt myself react.

"He tells me that he wants to live his life to the fullest in order to complete his wife and son's." A tear rolled down her cheeks as I wiped it off.

"Sana. It's okay. This is what we call life." I sighed as I heard my own words.

"I know it is.. But is it necessary to have so much pain in life?" She asked.

"I don't know. Maybe it's just what's written in our luck." I said as I got up and grabbed a glass of water.

I handed it to her and sat beside her. I haven't seen her so sad but for some reason, these two years has changed her a lot. I remember her being the happiest one in our group but now she is becoming the emotional one.

"Okay cheer up. I don't want tears on shirt." I whined.

"You- are-an-idiot." She said the words one by one as I have her a huge grin and started to walk towards the refrigerator to grab myself a snack.