Black Out Buddies - Andy Imagine #*sighs because idk*

The wind howled outside as the rain crashed onto the windows at a steady beat. The sky outside was as dark as charcoal, every once in a while being lit up for a spilt second, resembling a child messing with a light switch and causing the lights to flicker, only to be accompanied by a loud crash of thunder that left a faint ring in your ears. The outside world drenched with the 'gift' from the sky as it continued to come down harder as the seconds rolled by.

It had been like this for days. The rain refused to stop, and you were stuck in this crumbling apartment you called home.

It's not that you didn't like the rain, because you didn't, you didn't hate it nor liked it. It was just something that happened that you didn't care to pay much attention to.

You sat indian-style on your faded couch, an abnormally fuzzy blanket hung loosely off your shoulders. Under the glow of the TV your face showed a clear expression of boredom to whatever was playing. In both hands you held a coffee cup filled with tea.

Lifting the cup up to your lips, you took a sip as the TV flicked off. You froze not knowing what just happened. Slowly you pulled the cream colored cup from your lips and leaned forward placing it on the oak wood coffee table. Replacing it with the small TV remote, you attempted to press the power button longing for the comforting glow of the screen to fill the dark room. In all efforts you failed to achieve turning the electronic on.

"There must be a freaking blackout because of this stupid storm." You mumbled, shrugging the blanket onto the back of the couch and setting the remote back on the coffee table. You stood up and made your way to the small kitchen area of your apartment.

You flung open the junk drawer, wires, scraps of paper, pens, key chains, and other in-useful items were pushed around until you found a small orange lighter and a handful of miniature candles. You made your way back the living room when a loud banging sound, cut through the dead silence of the apartment, came from the door. You placed everything in the now littered coffee table, you rushed to the door and flung it open only to see your neighbor, Andy.

"Hey (Y/N)," Andy said awkwardly rubbing the nape of his neck. "I wanted to know if I could borrow some candles, because y'know the blackout and stuff." His high voice trailing with unease and he refused to make eye contact with you.

"We'll I only have a few..." You said sorrowfully. "But you can come in and we can share them!" You offered smiling and tilting your head to the side.

"Oh you don't have too..." He said, finally making eye contact with you. In his eyes you could tell he wanted to come in, badly too.

"Nonsense!" You interjected. "We can keep each other company!" You told him cheerfully grabbing his hand and pulling him into the dark apartment. "We're black out buddies now!" You said allowing him to sit on the couch, you taking a seat as well.

"Black out buddies?" Andy asked cocking a single eyebrow up disapprovingly.

"Black out buddies!"

|-/.:.\-|

June 13 2015

God you and Andy are in so many clubs.

But hey, this book turned 3 months old today so ayyyyeeeeee.

Goodbye my {insert nationality} beauties