What is Love? - Dahyun

Start from the beginning

"That's my Daeunie," Dahyun said as we let go of our hug.

I looked at Dahyun as she looked at me. She smiles like a ray of sunshine amidst her situation, Dahyun keeps the image of a strong woman, staying strong not only for herself but for Daeun also.

Smiling at this girl for his strength, I hugged the girl tightly again, but now, with a sense of comfort, somewhat telling her that everything would be alright.

I stroked Dahyun's hair, letting her know that she was not alone in her daily battles.

Not long into our hug, I felt wetness on my chest. Dahyun is crying.

All the weight on her shoulders, carrying it all by herself. If Superman was a woman, it would probably be Dahyun.

"The prettiest smiles experienced the hardest, the prettiest eyes have cried the most, and the most loving and kind heart have felt deep pain. Kim Dahyun, the second strongest girl after my mom, keep fighting yeah? For you, for Daeun, and for me. Okay?" I said as I stroked Dahyun's hair.

Dahyun's walls crumble as she wails as I say those words. Comforting her with words and high, this time I made a promise to myself.

A promise to protect Dahyun together with Daeun. With all my life.

__________________

Dahyun POV

After the day I went to pick up Daeun from Y/n, I also wore my pride asking him if we could live with him in the meantime.

With the encouragement of Tzuyu, I did my plan, and safe to say it was easier than expected.

Y/n didn't even ask a thing, nor for any reason, he just said "yes", that's it. Y/n welcomed me and Daeunie with open arms, which made me happy, and my heart beat into something I can't explain.

It's been a couple of months since Daeun and I started living with Y/n and right now, he is cooking breakfast for us. Waffles as Daeun requested.

Speaking of Daeun, she has completely become attached to Y/n to the point that she has begun calling him "appa".

At first, Y/n was shocked as Daeun just blurted it out without thinking about her words but he was genuinely happy about it.

Y/n now is cooking me and Daeun some breakfast. Waffles, with berries, just what Daeun requested.

Now, I am leaning on the counter, watching Y/n pour the batter into the waffle maker.

While I was watching him, I thought to myself that he could be a good husband material.

Daeun completely trusts Y/n now, I always have my trust in him, reliable and responsible, and add to that he can cook. Overall, the man is a walking green flag.

Thinking about this though, I made up my mind that I had completely fallen in love with Y/n.

Well, I have been from the start.

To be honest, Daeun is not planned. Her dad is now in jail for the abuse, leaving Daeunie completely alone in my care.

Y/n then heard this news and immediately he contacted me on how he could help me. I said that I could manage but Y/n insisted which is a big factor for me.

Y/n played with Daeun, read her stories, taught her words, and even brought her to an amusement park with me and bought her toys.

Y/n stood up to take the father's tole inside Daeun's heart.