The Best Day of My Life - Chaewon

Y/n POV

"Chaewonie, let's go! We will miss the fireworks display!" I shouted and I see the radish girl rushing to pick up her stuff. She then went to me and I was just awed by her cuteness.

I fixed the scarf that is around her neck and then I can see her pout. I poked her cheeks which causes it to deflate. I pecked her lips and that causes her pout to form into a smile.

I smiled with Chaewon and she smiled with me as we leave our shared apartment.

December 31, the last day of the year 2022. As we walk towards the park where the fireworks display will be held, a feeling of happiness spills within me. Not only that I survived this heck of a year that is full of ups and downs, but also I have a girl that is beside me, willing and eager to trust me with her life.

The winter breeze blows against our thick jacket. Hands intertwined with each other. Not a word is said but the feeling of love is going through actions.

As we walk, Chaewon begins to hum. I looked at the girl who captured my heart. Chaewon looked at me and smiled with her cheeks fluffed. I pinched her cheeks and she giggled.

Her giggles make my heart warm, a giggle that is so soft and innocent.

"Aigoo, is oppa falling for my charms again?" Chaewon asked.

I chuckled a bit and nodded. Chaewon squealed in delight and she wraps herself in my arms.

I giggled at the actions of my radish girl and I kissed her crown.

After minutes of walking, we arrived at the park where the fireworks will display.

There's quite a crowd already present at the park but since the park is wide, it is still spacious. I then looked at Chaewon who is looking for something.

"Chaewonie, what are you looking at?" I asked and Chaewon pointed at the food truck.

"My girl is hungry huh?" I said and she nodded.

We then went to the said food truck and they offer a variety of food. In the end, we ordered tteokbokki and fish cakes.

Chaewon poked one of the rice cakes covered with the sauce and popped it into her mouth. She then flapped her hands in joy as she tasted the tasty rice cake dish. I then eat too and we finished our portions.

°

--- 11:30 pm ---

°

Chaewon and I are seated on a bench near the stage. We decided to rest a little bit to give ourselves the energy to celebrate the new year.

Chaewon leaned her head on my shoulder and she doze off.

As I hear the little soft snores of my girl. I began to think about what happened this year.

Hardships? Yes, that's always given in life. Obstacles? That's also given in life. I began to realize that life is like a bar of gold.

Gold is purified when it is put into a fire. Just like in life, problems and obstacles are there to try us, to purify us.

When the gold passed the flames, it will be a worthy one, just like us people, when we succeed in the challenges upon us, we see our worth.

Life teaches us lessons by letting us experience situations. You can bad mouth the life we are living but that doesn't mean that you will give up on it.