Winter Fic | Different - Winter

Winter POV

Dream. That is the word that I held onto for a long time. Back then as a child, I love singing. When my mom plays music, my body reacts naturally to it like the melodies are controlling me, having fun as I dance in glee.

As I continue to grow, that dream of mine is slowly becoming a reality. Years of work and sacrifices are needed for that dream to be fulfilled. What's scary is that my dream, once you reach that dream, there's no guarantees.

I can be an idol yet that doesn't mean I'm gonna be successful in an instant. It's a process of continuing the work I put in to reach my heights. Many people are not fortunate enough to reach my stage, the way entertainment companies filter talented people from the ones who are not is crazy. I do not expect the path to be easy, but to say that this path is hard is an understatement.

There were many times I thought to myself if this dream of mine was worth it. Imagine that the talents you have will nourish in exchange for your freedom, happiness, and wants. Don't get me wrong, my dream is not to treat me like a dog with a leash, but the limitations we have as soon as we enter the company are far too many. Though most of it makes sense and it is for us trainees to focus on ourselves, at the end of the day, the ones who wrote the limitations are people.

Being an idol is being overlooked by many people, other's will also just say hate to an idol for being human. It's quite funny that the dream that I want is not like a fairytale where it's all happiness, it's like an emotional battle.

The physical, emotional, and mental health are always being hit in my dream, the trinity that helps me to strengthen my foundation in my dream. I went through all the sadness, tears, fatigue, sacrifice, and even illness just to be in this dream. Though the journey to it is dreadful, that is what makes the journey to my dream wonderful.

Who would have thought that I would debut in a group named Aespa that is under the SM Entertainment? Maybe my family knows, members know, my friends know, but again, why did I choose this dream despite the negativities? I think it's because of a smile.

I may be an introvert but that gives me an observant ability. Though I and my group started decently, I saw people who support us, the ones who hated us, but what stood out to me was the smiles from the people watching us. The ability to make them happy. For me, the dream now is not the destination, but it's a path for me to see my real intentions.

What are the odds that I say to my younger self that we will be successful in the future? Standing on that future now, the little Kim Minjeong would probably be looking up to me and waving her little hands with a smile on her face. Smiling at that mindset, I know I need to be better, not only for me but also for the others.

November 17, 2020, is the day that the dream that I hoped for became a reality. I debuted with 3 members who initially became my sisters. Karina, Giselle, and Ningning have played a huge part in my career. The way they know my strengths and weaknesses, helps me to become a better person as time goes by. Many people have high expectations of us, mainly because we are from a Big3 company in the entertainment world, not gonna lie, that puts pressure on each of us.

Though the pressures are tough to beat, when I have my members, I am confident. We went through all kinds of rigorous training when it came to dancing, singing, and even facial expressions. Though it's tiring, there's something about it that makes my feelings happy, like I fulfilled something.