Part 14 - You're a beast after all...

Start from the beginning

I had a feeling that if their powers were removed, they would be ranked much lower. 

Abyss would definitely be lower ranked than The Trickster at a minimum - I beat Abyss effortlessly once I managed to cancel out his powers. 

I would assume that the others are going to be around The Swordsman's strength in terms of hand-to-hand since The Swordsman said that they were pretty good at close combat. I would be fighting them next...

Well, that is if I get out of this sewer system. 

The real problem was that this place was very dark, so I had to rely on my suit's lighting system to navigate this place. This place was also messy, plus the sound of the water didn't help at all in navigating this epitome of darkness. 

It sucked, but I really had no other option. 

"Are you okay with moving back to the apartment, with 'Emily Coldstone' and all?" Mark inquired.

"Yeah," I responded. "I was really stressed out because of The Purge, but I guess I can handle it now."

"Are you sure?" Mark pressed. "She couldn't have moved here, let alone next to you, for no reason."

"Does she remember me as the ranked 60th member?" I wondered aloud. "I did put on sunglasses and changed my hair a bit before I left, right?"

"She's smart as hell," Mark acknowledged. "But as far as her powers go, she shouldn't be in The Sanction, and she was definitely distracted in our conversation."

"Well, my apartment building is one of the most secure places there is," I reasoned. "It could be she's trying to be more discreet, and what happened was that I got the luck of being her neighbor."

"That could be the case," Mark concurred. "Still, be as careful as you can."

"Shadows can be unpredictable," I mused. "Considering that she's the shadow mistress."

"When did you start calling her by such a classy name?" Mark teased.

"Billy's book had that," I explained. "He called her that as well."

"To be fair, that suits her," Mark agreed.

"More importantly, this place sucks," I complained. "I feel like I'm barely moving."

"Deal with it," Mark replied. "After all, your purpose is to protect the city through any means possible."

"This could at least be more comfortable," I muttered.

"There's an AC system in your suit," Mark suggested. "Maybe that could help?"

"Not interested," I replied. "Come to think of it, can't Venom hear us?"

"Well, I suggest you stay on guard," Mark cautioned. "Who knows what he's planning?"

"Billy's book didn't have him," I admitted. "After this is the executives' section, and I'm not ready to go there at the moment."

"The executives..." Mark muttered.

"Yeah, them," I replied solemnly.

I was no match for their power at the moment. If I ever got into a fight with one of them, it should be the end of me.

Suddenly, I caught wind of a faint sound, a voice hidden in the darkness.

"I heard someone," I informed Mark. "Let me check it out."

Carefully, I approached the source of the voice.

"F-food," the voice pleaded.

"Food?" I responded cautiously. "First, tell me who you are."