𝟎𝟎𝟔. not a pirate, a prince

006. NOT A PIRATE, A PRINCE

   A chilling shiver went down Mischa's spine when they entered the Fold, a familiar feeling she always got when entering the darkness with storms and screeching creatures

A chilling shiver went down Mischa's spine when they entered the Fold, a familiar feeling she always got when entering the darkness with storms and screeching creatures. The storms were the only light that gave a blue hue.

"I hate this place."

"Just a bit of pitch black and bloodthirsty monsters." Sturmhond responded to Mal sarcastically. The three friends turned to looked at him. Sturmhond glanced over his shoulder at Tamar and Tolya behind him. "What's not to love?"

Tamar matched his smirk as she threw him a pistol. "Seems like a good day to kill some Volcra."

Tony sighed. "I'd much rather a hot bath and a book of sonnets."

Mischa eyes sparked with slight hesitation and worry when addressing the Sun Summoner. "Are you sure you're ready for this?"

Alina sent her a quick glance before eyes casted back to the darkness raging in front of her from her spot at the top of the flying ship. "I feel stronger than ever. This is my chance to finally eradicate it. For good."

Everyone watched as Alina took a step up on a ledge to be higher up as she summoned the light that was now a bright blue hue. As she faced her hands out towards either side of the Fold beside her, the light created a large circular shape acting as a shield as it eradicated the shadows surrounding the Hummingbird.

Mischa couldn't help but look around in astonishment at the magical blue light encompassing them.

Alina created an 'X' with her arms over her chest before ripping them off and creating another magical surge of power that rejuvenated the current light and it spread all the way to the end of the Fold, creating a path for them where they could see daylight from the other side.

Ravka. Mischa was almost home.

Suddenly, the magic began to flutter in and out. Alina was struggling to maintain the light.

"Alina?"

"What's happening?"

"Alina!" Mischa shouted in worry as the Sun Summoner started to groan and breath heavily.

Mischa acted quickly when Alina started to sway on her feet, in one swift move she knelt on one knee and caught Alina's falling body in her arms before she hit the ground. Mischa gently laid on her the floor as Mal joined her side with attempts to wake her up from her unconscious.

As the blue light faded because it's source was knocked out on the ground, growls and screeched filled the eerie air and the darkness returned, the open path to Ravka gone.

Sturmhond backed up to yell at his Squaller who directed the Sails when he saw Volcra approach the ship. "Kovu, get us out!"

A Volcra planted its talons on one of the sides on the other end of the Hummingbird. Sturmhond shot it's head, effectively killing it, but more swarmed.