𝟎𝟎𝟓. just another mistake

005. JUST ANOTHER MISTAKE

   Mischa had been passed out when Alina received the scales in her right wrist on the main deck, tucked in her hammock hung on one side, the salt water stained into her skin along with her sweat from the previous hours

   Her body shook slightly, a shiver slithering down her spine and raising the hair on her arms as goosebumps raised on her skin. Her body responded to the rush of cold, cold water as her eyes rapidly flickered against her closed eyelids.

   All she could feel was freezing. Not the kind of freezing of snow coming down from the sky or an ice glacier, but the cold dampness of the belly of the ocean, swimming through it in the negative temperatures. She felt like a creature twirling through the water with a determination and resentment like no other.

   Mischa looked through the eyes of this creature as if it was her and she felt everything all at once. She resented the person who made her this way, she was determined to find and kill the rest of the bloodline, and a new emotion... relief that she knew she wasn't alone anymore.

   Then, in a flash, she saw her own face looking back at her with fear. Mischa was against a stone wall as she tried desperately to fight against the current Mischa.

   And she realized she was looking through the Sea Whip's eyes moments before it's demise by the hands of the Sun Summoner.

   Mischa didn't like this horrible dream that was cursing her and she tried desperately to fight against the feeling once the Sea Whip died and get out of this nightmare bestowed upon her. It was like an invisible wall blocking her from the light that was her own body.

   Mischa's body was shaking in the real world when she finally came to with no more strength left in her. Her eyes were bloodshot and felt like they were burning as if she were really swimming in the salt water with her eyes open for far too long.

   As she rubbed her eyes to see more clearly, she picked a figure sitting beside the hammock she rested in.

   Alina held a soft look on her face although her eyes shined with worry. She had a fresh cup of water but Mischa was feeling the opposite of parched.

   Mischa could immediately sense the new aura shining around her friend and when her eyes darted to Alina's wrist, she confirmed her intuition seeing the scales peeking out of her skin. Mischa was out long enough for a Durast to bind the scales of the Sea Whip to Alina.

   "You did it." Mischa claimed in recognition, nodding to her wrist when the Shu girl titled her head in question.

   "Yeah, about an hour ago. We're going through the Fold tomorrow."

   "Why aren't you asleep then?" Mischa asked in confusion, noting Mal's sleeping figure in his nearby hammock with Alina's empty one above him. The torches and lights in the lower cabin had been either dimmed or put out, signaling the night rest most of the crew was getting.