Chapter 5 - Cute Little Princess

Pretty flowers  ^^^

Hazel

Leah and Mia got here a while ago and so far it's going quite well. At first I was pretty nervous but after some reassuring words from Asher it was fine. As of right now we are playing UNO and I think everyone is starting to show their true colors, so to speak. The guys had invited their friend Luke but he couldn't come by.

"Mia!" "You can't give me two 'pick two' cards!" Isaac whines as he goes to pick up the four cards.

"Of course I can, babe. It's how you play the game." Mia replies with a smirk. "Oh and I almost forgot, UNO!"

"I swear to God Mia, if you win this I'm not cooking you dinner for a week!" I giggle a little at Leah's threat. Since it was now my turn I put down a 'stop' card, causing Asher to send me a glare because he doesn't get to play this round.

"Was that necessary, Haze? I haven't played for three rounds!" Let's just say that the boys aren't doing very well.

"Ehm, yes?" I sent him my best smile in hopes to get away from his possible revenge. All I get is another glare but I can see his itty bitty smile.

"You are asking for it, Hazel Emerson Kingston." Oh my full name. I'm already regretting telling him that this morning.

"Nope." I send him another smile and a little wink, just to annoy him. Is he gonna kill me? Possibly.

"Hey, you two!" "We're still playing." Leah takes our attention back to the game.

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize Haze, they can wait." Ehm okay. I just send him a glance and focus on the fact that it's Mia's turn. Shit, I forgot she only had one card left. Is she actually winning right now? Mia glances at everyone with that devilish smirk of hers. She is definitely winning. Fuck. I only have two cards left!

"Aha!" "I won and you're all losers!" She stands up and points at all of us with a victorious smile on her face. She looks really cool. Her pin straight black hair lays perfectly down her back. I wish my hair could be that manageable. The black jeans, black cropped long sleeve and perfect eyeliner screams 'black cat' aesthetic. In summary she looks like a confident badass.

"Yeah, yeah, good for you." "I hope you know that I wasn't kidding, you're cooking this week." Leah rolls her eyes.

"Good job, Mia." I say in a monotone voice. I was so close to winning. Not saying I'm a sore loser but, come on!

"I'm hungry." At that we all look towards Asher. Didn't he hear that Mia won or did he just not give a shit? Probably the latter.

"You're always hungry you dimwit, but sure." "We can go to Rosie's, yes?" Everyone nods to Isaac and I start to assemble all the cards.

***

After a short car ride in Mia's car we arrived at the small diner. The sign above the door says Rosie's Diner. Apparently this is Asher, Isaac and their other friend from the team's second home. Isaac says he's "obsessed with mama Rosie's food". The whole place screams coziness. The outdoor seating with a pergola with ivy and light strings all over it. All this together with the beach is just beautiful, idyllic, I can see why they love it so much.

"Okay Hazel, are you ready to meet mama Rosie?" As an answer I send Isaac and the rest of the group a nod and smile. We move from the car and Isaac gets to the door first opening it for all of us.

When I stepped inside I was met with the same cozy aesthetic and the strong smell of food. Don't get me wrong it smells delicious but it smells a lot. Too much. I stay behind everyone as they're talking to a server and take a few deep breaths since it helps sometimes.