Chapter 4 - Sleeping Beauty

^^^^ A simple picture of their campus !

Big black car - Gregory Alan Isakov

Listened to it while writing <3

Hazel

Today was Saturday, which means there are two days (counting today) until school officially starts. Yesterday we basically walked around the campus. We, as in Isaac, Asher, Leah and I. They showed me the classrooms, library and the cafeteria. My guess from when I got here was correct. On the top floor on the right part of the main building was the library and on the bottom floor was the cafeteria. In between were a few classrooms and the student health offices where the nurse among others worked. However on the left side of the main building there were classrooms and the grand hall, where they had assemblings sometimes.

They also showed me to the gym and football- and track field. Those were located behind the main building by the forest. Leah said that there were tracks in the woods if I ever wanted to go for a run, as if that will ever happen.

After that we went to our dorms and Isaac and Asher told me about some rules that were held for all students. The main rule being that we were only allowed off school grounds on the weekend and breaks. I was grateful that my home town is only an hour away so that I can easily go home over the breaks or even weekends.

We also talked a bit about where we're all from and as it turns out, Isaac, Asher and I only live like 30 minutes away from each other. Apparently the two of them live in a neighboring town to mine. My hometown, East Creek (Georgia), is pretty small, like the population is around 1500 people... They also live in a small town, Rising Hills, though it's a bit bigger than East Creek. I went there a lot as a kid, Beck played football there and then Taylor did too. However Leah lived about an hour away from us but that's not too far.

Anyway, back to today. We were planning on staying in the dorm and maybe going out to grab a bite. We have invited Leah and she said she would bring her roommate Mia along as well. I think Isaac had invited his and Asher's friend Luke as well. I was kind of nervous since I've never met them but they said they were cool.

***

When I woke up the clock on my phone said 6:43 am, great. Is it that hard to actually be able to sleep until the alarm rings. I never manage to sleep until my alarm rings, no matter how late I fall asleep. Last night I read until 2 am but I don't think I fell asleep until 3:30. So once again I am running on three hours of sleep. Since I wasn't hungry yet I decided to continue the book I started yesterday, Things We Never Got Over. I only have about 100 pages left and since we didn't set the alarm until 10 am I had the time to finish it.

I love reading. You get to live so many lives and love so many loves. I believe that it's the only love I will ever experience. Sometimes I think it's a problem but isn't it better to experience love on paper then no love at all? I don't know, it just sounds pathetic. Reading is my escape. When I read all the worries and all the stress gets locked inside a place far back in my mind. It is the only time I am wholly at peace. In my sleep I am often disturbed by dreams or by my body randomly waking me up. But when I am reading it's calm and quiet, just me and the story.

By the time I had finished the book my phone showed 9:28 and I heard a tired groan. I looked up and saw Asher rubbing his hands over his face sitting at the side of his bed, shirtless.

"Good morning" He grumbled standing up stretching his arms over his head. The movement made my jaw drop. Holy fuck. Trust me when I say it was a sight sent from heaven. His slightly tanned skin glistened from the light that came through the window. Those messy brown locks were the perfect fit for his complexion, it looked like soft honey in the morning sunrays. Oh how I wished I could see those pale blue eyes together with all of this... The way his muscles flexed as he stretched made it look like he could protect you from all the shit the world throws at you.