16| Jealousy, Jealousy

Începe de la început

Having a better excuse to schedule that meeting, I check the email send by Mrs. Arzu and pick up my diary and go in the cabin to ask him exactly about it.

I enter inside after knocking on the door, he doesn't looks up from the laptop screen as I walk upto his desk.

"Mrs. Arzu just told me about to fix a meeting with the Aksoy group owner, would next week, Monday be good? You only have one meeting that day." I ask playing with the edges of my trusted diary.

He raises his hand towards my diary, "You know my schedule better than me."

I look down at my diary and nod. "Uh yes, but I just wanted to tal-I mean confirm."

I bite my tongue.

He raises an eyebrow, amusement swirling in his blue eyes, "Confirmed then?"

I blink, "Yes?"

"Alright." He nods with a small smile on his face.

Although he had that ever present smile on his face, that one didn't reached his eyes.

A human can manipulate the smile or expressions, but never the eyes. Specifically from those who have seen emotions swirling through those eyes up close.

I lick my lips and turn around, ready to leave when a thought gets better of me and before I I know, I turn around again. "Is it.....is it about what I said?"

"You say a lot of things, which one are you referring to?" Although he didn't meant to show, I think it did hurt him.

I tuck a strand of my hair behind my ear. "When you dropped me after the shoot and I....are you upset on that?"

He frown, "Who said I was upset?"

"Well no one has to say I can see it." I clamp my mouth shut, "I mean-uh it's not your usual behaviour to be so quiet."

What is wrong with me today? Where is my flow?

He smiles, this one looks close to genuine, "Are you worried about me?"

"Yes!" My eyes widen Did I really said that out loud? "Yes, I should know why my boss is upset so I can uh prevent anything if I have to, yeah." I try to cover up the damage I did.

But it's too late, a flow blown chuckle leaves his mouth, "I am fine, Sakina. Thanks for checking on me."

I take a look at his face and look back at the door, I was warm enough? Right? Should I leave or stay? "Okay."

He smiles again. "Okay."

I walk backwards while looking at him and my back bumps into the glass wall of the door, making me wince.

He winces too, "All good there, Ms. Sakina?"

Still facing him, I open the door behind me trying to ignore the throbbing on the back of my head, "Perfectly fine, Mr. Doruk."

Closing the door, I all but run towards my desk and to possibly hide in a dark hole and never come back.

What had gotten into me back there? I had said mean things to him last week, I shouldn't be showing him that I am worried.

Which I am totally not.

Or am I?

Sitting back on my chair, I rub the sore spot on my head, why did I had to make a fool out of myself?

I open the mail ID Mrs. Arzu send me and shoot up a mail to the company stating Doruk is free for the meeting on Monday and reserve a table at the usual restaurants Doruk conducts his meetings at.