I pulled my arm away from him because he was starting to hurt me. "She's your child. Why are-"

He slapped me. "SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO TELL HER WHAT I SAID. KEEP TALKING BACK AND I PROMISE YOU ILL KICK YOU OUT OF THIS HOUSE." he yelled at me.

Tears welled up in my eyes, but I swiftly dried them to prevent myself from crying. I'm unsure of the reason behind his act of hitting me, but it was an uncalled for action. First, he hit my mother and now me. I had no intention of being disrespectful, but I was just trying to understand why he didn't simply approach Monie himself.

"Yes sir." I said before quickly walking into Monie's room and shutting the door.

"Bro didn't I just tell you to leave my room." Monie said before turning around and facing me. "Why is yo face red?" She asked while sitting up.

"He hit me... he fucking hit ME!" I said before bursting into tears.

Monie didn't say anything. She walked out of the room and called out for our dad. "DAD!" Monie shouted.

I ran behind her. "No Monie, what are you doing?" I asked while pulling her back to the room.

"Get off of me. I'm finna slap HIS ass, I'm already tired of his punk ass never doing shit for the family and he has the audacity to lay a hand on you? Bitch please." She snatched her arm away from me and went into my parent's room where our dad was.

I wiped my eyes and followed her.

"Why the fuck did you hit her? Huh? How about I hit yo big fat ass." Monie said.

I am unsure about what has caused her to behave this way, but her current behavior is extremely aggressive. Personally, I would never confront my father in that manner. It seems like she has reached her limit.

My dad got off of his bed and stood in front of Monie with his two hands in front of him. "Pardon?" My dad said lowly.

I looked down at Monie's hands and she balled her fist. "You heard me. You hit my sister."

"Go in your room and don't come out unless you have to use the restroom. Because you got me fucked up talking to me like that in the house I pay bills in." He said calmly.

"Bills? What fuckin' bills you pay?" Monie asked.

"Monie that's enough." I said before things took a turn for the worse.

"Yeah listen to your sister before I teach you a lesson." My dad said before sitting back on his bed.

After she gave him a scrutinizing look, Monie left his room and returned to hers. She quickly locked her door, preventing me from entering. So, I got my phone to check the time as I needed to be ready for my tutoring session with Miss Knowles.

~1 hour later~

After receiving a text from Miss Knowles that she was waiting outside, I swiftly picked up my phone and purse and headed towards the front door of my house. As I got into her car, I took a moment to collect myself, as I had been thinking about my dad slapping me and Monie's confrontation with him.

"Hey, Miss Knowles." I said to her as I got in the car.

"Hey, beautiful

"Hey, beautiful. I love your hair color." Miss Knowles said.

"Thank you." I said.

"Are you hungry? We could stop and get something to eat before heading to the library." She offered.

"No thank you. I don't have an appetite." I turned down the offer because I have a lot on my mind, eating is the last thing I wanna do.

"Okay, love."

It took her about 20 minutes to drive to the library, during the ride, I felt overwhelmed with sorrow as memories of my dad slapping me kept flooding my mind. However, I managed to suppress my tears and focused on the clouds in the sky until we reached the library.

After our arrival, Miss Knowles and I stepped out of the car. Although her clothes were partially hidden while seated, I had a clear view once she got out of the car. The color yellow truly suits her, accentuating her beautiful complexion. She also has a bangin' ass shape.

"GYAT!" I said.

Miss Knowles chuckled. "What?"

"Nothing. You look very good in yellow." I complimented her.

"Thank you!" She said.

When we entered the library, we got seated in the back so we could be further away from everyone else. She grabbed her bag full of books and papers and placed it on the table. She also had a little pouch full of pens. She put her glasses on and handed me a paper and pen.

"Alright, here's what I need you to do: please respond to those questions in order for me to determine the subject we will be emphasizing today. Once you're done with that, flip the paper over and write down your ambitions and goals. Like what career path you wanna take. So that when the time for college comes, you will have a clear idea of what you would like to major in." Miss Knowles said.

"Yes ma'am." I said.

"Megan, you don't have to say yes ma'am to me I'm not old." She said and let out a low laugh.

"Sorry. I was just trying to be respectful." I said.

"No reason to apologize, you haven't done anything wrong." She said and smiled.

"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I'm 18." I said before inquiring, "Let me guess, 23?"

"I'm 26."

"Oh I was 3 years off, you could go for 20 to be honest." I said and began answering some questions on the paper.

"I appreciate it, I get that often."

I focused on answering questions and once I got finished, I flipped the paper around to write down my goals and aspirations. But I couldn't think of anything I wanted to do with my life.. so I left it blank.

After handing over the paper to Miss Knowles, she carefully examined it and began making notes in her notebook.

"Megan, did you forget to complete the back?" she asked.

I shook my head no.

"Is there a reason it's blank?" She asked.

"Yes.." I said lowly.

"Why?"

"I don't know what I want to do with my life. I never took the time to think about it.." I told her.

She took her glasses off and looked at me. "Hmm...Okay" she said. She then grabbed her phone to type something.

Once she set aside her phone, she handed me a workbook and instructed me on which pages to complete. Despite the difficulty, she provided me with guidance throughout the entire process.