Within the expansive confines of the Nexus, an advanced realm likened to a type 40 civilization on the Kardashev scale, nestled a chamber belonging to our protagonist, Karito. Crafted solely by the power of his imagination, this room epitomized opulence and fulfillment, courtesy of the limitless capabilities afforded by the Nexus itself. His sanctuary possessed every conceivable amenity and more. A king-sized bed, adorned with delicately patterned sheets and pillows that enticed the senses, beckoning one to surrender to their cloud-like embrace. A nightstand adorned with an assortment of gadgets and tomes procured from the Infinite Library within the Nexus. An immaculate gaming console paired with a cutting-edge television, offering the pinnacle of visual immersion. And a plush sofa, inviting him to relax and indulge in moments of leisure. Not to mention the marvels contained within his private bathroom, where technology surpassed conventional comprehension.

Karito stirred from his slumber, his form shifting upon the sumptuous bed as his eyes fluttered open. Yet, a weariness seemed to shadow his countenance, a weariness born of the tumultuous trials he had endured. His steadfast companions, privy to his inner struggles, recognized the weight that burdened his soul. Still, Karito adeptly deflected any inquiries, channeling his focus towards his duty as the guardian of fiction, shouldering the ongoing war against the Darks. As he roused himself from introspection, a common ritual of men caught in the trance of self-reflection, he rose and proceeded toward his private bathroom.

Seated upon the porcelain throne, resembling a figure in need of respite, Karito commanded a holographic interface to peruse various manga titles, immersing himself in the realms of fantasy. With such knowledge at his disposal, he prepared to face the unforeseen corruption that threatened the stories he cherished, ready to safeguard their integrity with his intimate understanding of their narratives. After a few contemplative minutes, he completed his task, flushing away the remnants of his thoughts, and disrobing before stepping into the invigorating cascade of the shower. As the warm water enveloped his fatigued form, his gaze turned downward, a sigh escaping his lips. Visions of a harrowing past flickered within his mind, akin to the torment of PTSD haunting a battle-weary soldier. The memories, unrelenting reminders of the hellish ordeals he had endured, showcased the horrors of lost innocence, departed loved ones, the annihilation of his assigned dimension, and the torment of experimentation, cannibalism, death, and resurrection. These haunting recollections persistently clawed at his consciousness. Yet, Karito understood that living with these scars was an inevitable part of existence, a somber acknowledgment that growth stemmed from perseverance and the resolve to overcome adversity.

Having spent a few more minutes cleansing both body and mind, Karito concluded his shower, turning off the cascading water before wrapping a towel around his waist. With measured steps, he advanced toward the bathroom sink, proceeding to meticulously brush his teeth. As he surveyed his reflection in the mirror, he encountered a somber visage adorned with countless scars. Gazing into his own weary eyes, he pondered when the weight of exhaustion would dissipate, yearning to alleviate the concerns of his remaining loved ones. With a sigh that carried the weight of countless contemplations, he reminded himself to take life one day at a time, fostering hope that each passing moment would bring him closer to a brighter future.