𝟎𝟕.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐒𝖾ρ𝗍𝖾ꭑᑲ𝖾𝗋 26, 2023
21 ω𝖾𝖾𝗄𝗌 ρ𝗋𝖾𝗀𐓣α𐓣𝗍

"Honey, I'm home!" Natia called out as Joshua carried her into the house even though she could walk by herself without assistance from him.

The boys rushed into the foyer and began screaming and cheering as Joshua placed Natia on her feet. They hugged Natia before she could see a welcome home banner hanging from the wall of the staircase.

"Awe," Natia said.

"Come on, let's get you off your feet," Joshua said.

"I only been standing for about a minute, Joshua," Natia said in disbelief.

"That's a minute too long for me," Joshua said.

Natia sighs as she lets Joshua pick her up and carry her to the living room.

"Better?" Natia asked him.

Joshua smiled.

"Better," Joshua answered.

Natia looks at the boys.

"So, what have you guys been up to while I was in the hospital?" Natia asked them.

The boys tell her about their activities including all of them playing football this year.

"So, you all playing football this year, that's a lot of games I have to go to," Natia said.

"But you're coming, right?" Jamil asked.

"You have to come," Jeyce said.

Natia nods.

"Of course, and I'm gonna be custom made shirts so I can wear them to the games," Natia told them.

Joshua pouts.

"Why don't you have a custom-made shirt for me?" Joshua asked her.

Natia playfully rolls her eyes.

"So you want to be included so badly, I'll get one for you too," Natia told him.

Joshua smiled.

Later that day, Joshua takes Natia into the nursery where he opens the closet.

Natia gasped as she walked into the closet.

Inside was an extravagant display of pink heart-shaped foil balloons, an abundance of flowers, and a giant bear holding a jewelry box.

"Joshua," Natia said as her eyes glistened with tears.

"This is why they wouldn't let you come in here, I've been working on your push present the moment I found out we were having twins," Joshua told her.

Natia hugged Joshua and for the first time in a while, she kissed him on the lips. "I love it, thank you so much," Natia told him.

Joshua was surprised but quickly wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her again this time much longer.

"I'm happy you love it, baby," Joshua said.