Chapter 6 - First Ever

It was a normal weekend for Raiden Mei. Excluding the news regarding his father company getting attack then her morning has been pretty good.

The minus is that she can't go out freely. Though if she does then she have to cover her face so the public won't recognise her. Mei doesn't want to take the risk and she's really not in the mood to get surrounded by reporters that won't stop until they got their question  answered.

So Mei eventually decided to just stay at home, her luxuries house that is second to none. Not only it is comfortable but people even go as far to compare her household to that of a castle. For everyone else it might sounds like a dream to be able to stay inside such house but for Mei?

This is the place that she spent most of her life in,

She wants to go out and spent her days hanging out with friend. But her status as a Heiress really makes it hard for her to go outside normally.

She can't step outside normally without being questioned and surrounded by either those who idolised her or by the reporters.

Hence why she has her own professional driver that will help her get to the location she wants wether that is a school or anywhere else.

Even if she insists to go out by herself then the amount of clothes that she would have to wear to cover her face from being recognised is beyond countable.

Mei decided it's best if she just stop thinking about it, it'll only make her mood down than it already is.

With a sip of her tea, Mei resumes her reading of a novel that her mother always read for her when she was a child.

It's a novel about a princess that had enough of her 'controlled' life. For the others, the princess life had always been what others would called a 'heaven'.

But for the princess?

It's like she's a bird inside of a cage,

She can't do anything normal like everyone else, she can't play outside, she can't hangs out with her friends nor can she even do the simplest thing like stepping out of her room without getting the permission of her father.

Seems familiar?

That's what Mei thought aswell,

She loved the story of this novel particularly because she relate to it more than she's supposed to. And what makes her love this novel even more is how by the end of the story, the Princess can finally live a normal life that she desires the most by cutting of her royal bloodline and marrying a normal man.

For Mei this story is beautiful, beautiful than what anyone else say.

Mei continue to read the novel peacefully, she may have read this for god knows how many times but she will read it for as many as she wants.

But her reading session got interrupted as her phone suddenly ring indicating that someone is calling her.

"Who could it be?" Mei told herself, she gently put the novel down on the table beside her and take a sip of her tea before he finally grab her phone to see who is calling her.

Mei is taken aback when she finally sees who is currently calling her, she looked at the screen for awhile before she eventually decided to answer it with a little smile.

"What is it Hoshino-san?" Mei greeted through the phone happily

"Ah.. Raiden-san.. well.. how are you?" The sound of Wan could be heard through the voice call, Mei had never hear Wan voice this close to her ear.

And she never heard his voice this nervous before.

"I'm fine." Mei replies

"That's good to know, uhmm say Raiden-san.."