xviii. return of the devil

-ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ-

"HOW ARE WE MEANT TO GET each other Christmas presents if we can't leave the house?" Sirius huffs, folding his arms. Remus looks up at him over his newspaper, rolling his eyes.

   "Write me a list, I'll get them for you," he says simply. Sirius groans.

   "But what about your gift my dearest darling Moony?"

   "I'm sure I'll survive without one," Remus says, smiling wryly. "My gift can be you not going to Azkaban."  

   Sirius sighs. "I'd be so quick you wouldn't even notice I was gone."

   "No Sirius," Remus says. "You're staying here."

   Sirius scowls, glaring at his breakfast.

   "Ask Andromeda if it means that much to you," Polaris says, swiping a piece of toast from Sirius' plate as she walks past. James wanders in behind her, yawning as he switches on the kettle.

   "Don't touch my toast you prick," Sirius says, still scowling. "Your boyfriend can make you breakfast."

   Polaris flips him off, hitching herself up onto the kitchen counter and swinging her legs.

   "James," Sirius whines. "Polaris is being mean to me."

   "You probably deserved it," James replies, handing Polaris a cup of tea. "Want anything to eat Arsey?"

   "Toast, please," Polaris says, sending a grin on Sirius' direction.

   "I hate you all," Sirius huffs. Remus looks up from his paper again.

   "We're devastated," he says dryly. "Truly, heartbroken."

   "Fuck you," Sirius says. "I'm going to find Nadya, she's never mean to me."

   "Who's being mean to you?" Luisa enters the kitchen, taking a piece of toast from Sirius' plate.  "Can I join?"

   "You cheeky sod," Sirius says. "That's my toast!"

   "Mine now," Luisa says, her mouth full.

   "I'll make you a new slice Pads," James says. "No need to get your knickers in a twist."

   "Oh piss off," Sirius grumbles, but when James hands him a new slice he accepts it with a grumpy thank you.

   "What's the plans for today then?" Luisa asks, jumping up onto the counter beside Polaris.

   "I'm going Christmas shopping," Remus says. "Have you done all of yours?"

   "Yep," Luisa says brightly. "Did it at Hogsmeade."

   "Wish I could go to Hogsmeade," Sirius says gloomily.

      "Oh cheer up you grumpy old man," James says. "Doom and gloom, all I hear from you."

   Sirius rolls his eyes.

   "Where's Harry?" James asks.

   "Said he was wrapping my present so I had to bugger off," Luisa shrugs. "He'll be ages, he sucks at wrapping."

   "Must be heredity," Remus says. "James is rubbish as well."

   "Hey! I am not," James protests. Sirius and Luisa both snort. "I'm not that bad!"

   "Last year it took me five minutes to even make a dent in my present cause there was so much  cellotape," Luisa said. "You're shite."

   "Language," Remus says wearily.