ii. expect the unexpected

-ˋˏ *

-ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ-

THE LAST THING POLARIS EXPECTED to be doing was to be fighting the ministry tonight, but yet, here she is. She had just been heading home, well, the apartment she was renting, minding her own bloody business really, when she had seen them.

   A large group of ministry officials, chasing a man in a leather fucking jacket. She had seen a similar jacket, matched with the black hair, enough times to recognise who it was, typical Sirius behaviour really, so naturally she had followed them. What she hadn't anticipated, was to be dragged into whatever spat Sirius is having with the ministry and end up surrounded by the department of magical law enforcement.

   Sirius is clutching his side, struggling to hold his wand steady. Of course someone had cursed him, and of course Polaris had rushed in to help. He's family, no matter what, and she didn't think that Azkaban and or death was going to be a good look on him. So now, she's well and truly fucked it.

   "Who— who are you?" Sirius asks faintly, blocking a curse with the flick of his wand. Polaris blinks a few times, surely she wasn't that unrecognisable. It hadn't been that long since she'd last seen him — five years or so, although that was only because he had barged into Andromeda's house uninvited.

   She had seen Remus a lot more recently, having rekindled their old friendship a little. She'd dipped back under the radar again in the past year or so, not even visiting Andromeda. It was all too much for her to handle really.

   "Doesn't matter," Polaris dismisses, pulling his arm around her shoulders and shooting a few curses. "We can't take them all, we're going to have to get out of here. Any places near by?"

   "Yeah — yeah," Sirius murmurs, still looking suspiciously at Polaris. "Do I know you?"

Polaris stares at him, pulling him down with her as a curse flew over their head. Then it dawns on her, bloody appearance charms. Well, at least they're doing their job.

   "Sirius—"

   "How do you know who I am?"

   "Oh we don't have fucking time for this!" Polaris exclaims, a spell shooting out of her wand just in time to block an incoming one. She hauls Sirius — who seems to have gotten a handle on the pain he was in — to his feet, and puts up a shield charm.

   "We need to go, now!" Polaris shouts. Sirius nods, looking around for a route of escape. He casts two stunning spells at two ministry officials and starts to run, arm linked with Polaris' to support himself.

It's all going fine — Polaris can drop him off on the doorstep of wherever he leads her and then she can disappear again. He doesn't even know who she is, he'll just think she was some random stranger who helped him out that one time. He'll owe her nothing and she'll owe him nothing, it's perfect really.