x. back to hogwarts

-ˋˏ *

-ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ-ˎˊ

"POLARIS DO IT, DO IT NOW!"

"Polaris!"

Polaris jolts awake, breathing quick and sweat coating her brow. Her hand jerks out out of pure instinct and her eyes widen as it comes into contact with someone. There's a small grunt of pain, but within the next few seconds whoever it is is pinned to the bed with Polaris' wand at their throat.

Let's all bear in mind that Polaris might as well be holding a rubber wand at this point, but they don't have to know that.

"Merlins fucking arsehole," the figure groans, and as Polaris' eyes adjust to the light, or lack thereof, she realises that it's a figure she knows.

"What the fuck are you doing in my room, Potter?" she snaps.

"Blimey, you can pack a punch," James says, still pinned to the bed.

"I mean it Potter, what the fuck are you doing in here?" She's irritated, quite frankly, and she wishes that he hadn't seen her once she'd just woken up from a fucking night terror.

She hadn't had one of them in years, not since she'd began taking prescribed muggle sleeping medication (they ask a lot less questions). Problem was, she'd run out of that now, and she was too proud, and too embarrassed, to ask someone to whip up a dreamless sleep potion for her.

"You were screaming," James says. "I'm a light sleeper and—"

"I know," Polaris cuts in. "I'll soundproof my door next time." Yeah, with what fucking magic?

"Are you o-"

"Sorry for waking you up," Polaris interrupts, bluntly.

"What's going on?" A groggy Sirius appears in the door frame. A smirk paints his lips as he observes their position. To an outsider, it's rather compromising, considering Polaris is sitting on James' chest. "Is that what the screaming was?"

"Oh get a grip," Polaris snaps, climbing off of James. "I dropped something on my foot, that's all."

"At five in the morning?"

"I'm an early riser."

Sirius snorts, "okay Polaris, and I'm a fucking daffodil."

"Both of you just go back to bed." Polaris folds her arms with a huff. "I feel like I'm in fucking Hogwarts again with you both breathing down my necks."

"She had a nightmare," James says quietly, and Polaris shoots daggers at him. Metaphorical, of course, but if she could shoot real daggers she bloody would have.

"You what?" Sirius asks sharply. Polaris gives an involuntary flinch, and Sirius feels a stab of guilt in his gut. "Sorry, are you alright?"

"Leave it, I'm fine," Polaris sighs. "Go, both of you, go get some more sleep."