"I definitely want a picture of my nieces." I said, "I'll have to print one out and add it to a little picture frame or something."

"How old are your nieces?" Riley asked me.

"Violet is four and Carson is two." I said.

"Great ages." Riley said, "I'm sure they're adorable. How many siblings do you have?"

"Two." I said, "I have an older brother, Keith, he's 26. And my sister, Brittany, is 29. Do you have any other siblings besides Brooklyn?"

"I don't." Riley said, "It's just her and I. I always wanted a brother, though. I thought it would be fun to have one. Are you close with yours?"

"I'd say we're pretty close." I said, "He lives a couple of hours away. I think we'd be closer if I could stand his wife."

Riley's eyebrows raised and she said, "Oh. That doesn't sound good."

"She's pretty terrible." I said, "She's just rude. Selfish. But my brother will drop anything and everything for her."

"How long have they been married?" Riley asked me.

"Around 10 months or so. They've been together for about 3 years." I said, "I haven't liked her since the beginning."

"I'm sorry." Riley said, "That's really tough. She's not rude to you, I hope?"

"She is." I said, "But no worries there- I'm plenty rude back."

Riley chuckled, "I'd fully expect you to stand up for yourself."

Riley and I went down my list of accounts, and she then glanced at me and asked, "Are you excited for your date?"

"Ah, I don't know if excited is the right word." I said, "Nervous. A bit uneasy. But I already agreed to it, so I won't back down now."

Riley nodded, "First dates can be terrifying. I get it. If you need an escape route, just text me. I can make up an elaborate lie to get you out of the date."

I almost hope that's going to happen.

I smiled at Riley, "I appreciate that. And who knows, I may have to take you up on that."

I didn't wind up needing an escape route.

Because Jackson was actually very nice.

Stephanie was going out with Johnny, so we sat together in her room and put on our makeup together.

Stephanie is kind of like the sister that I wanted. Because Brittany and I were never close like this, doing our makeup together.

"Are you excited?" Stephanie asked me, putting on some blush.

"I'm a bit more nervous than excited." I said, "I'll get through it."

Stephanie laughed, "You make it sound like some of trial and tribulation."

"It kind of feels like it." I said, "But I'm going to try and enjoy myself. And who knows, maybe he will be really nice. He has been over text, we've been texting quite a bit this week."

"I think it's going to go well." Stephanie said, "Do you think you would have sex with him if the opportunity presented itself?"

"No." I said, definitively, "Definitely not tonight."

"I can't say the same about Johnny and I." Stephanie laughed.

"Get it, girl." I said, laughing as well, "You better tell me all about it."

I wore a little black sundress, along with a pair of light gray Sperry sneakers. I made sure to spray myself with some delicious smelling perfume that Danielle suggested, and then got in my car and drove myself over to Cantina de Marina.