Chapter 23

"Let me get this straight; Nikolai and Tyler are staging a coup and a Russian mob boss is screwing everyone over?" Luca commented over FaceTime when we debriefed him. He decided to take care of a few loose ends, but I also believe he's been working for Gino the last few days. "That explains why Tyler risked going to Russia. From what I've dug up on Lev, the fucker was a hitman for his father before he eventually took over the family business. The man never missed a mark and rumor has it he takes his own contracts out for fun."

Killian bangs on the table, sending discarded beer bottles flying across the wooden surface. "Now this fucker has a kill contract on Alex!" Without thinking, I place my hand on his forearm and squeeze until he grunts and drops a kiss on my forehead. Luca rubs his face and I can see the shadows under his eyes, the chocolate brown a little dull with stress and exhaustion. "We can table this for now. Kara gave us plenty to go with in exchange for protection for her and her adoptive father. I owe it to her mother to protect her anyway I can. Luca, you need to rest and we'll be able to look at things clearly."

"She's got a point, Luca, between working for your father, the Collective and taking this on, you're going to get burnt out." Nate sighs over the brim of his beer. There's a silent exchange between the guys and Luca sighs, his eyes flickering over to me, a small smile tugging on his lips. "Fine. I'll set Kara and her dad up with an emergency safe house if they need it in case Lev decides to come for her and then I'm going to bed. Did you at least put the tracker app on her phone?"

"Yep. I told her that it would help keep an eye out in case her sperm donor goes psycho," I finished off my beer and Nate pulled me into his arms. "She's gonna crash here tonight and then drive up to her grandmother's upstate New York."

We tried to talk Kara into staying here until the end of the break, but she felt weird staying with us. Killian grumbles about not being able to play with his new knives and I wonder if my boyfriend has a secret knife kink. My breath hitches because we have yet to establish our relationship status as of yet.

Did they hurt me beyond belief? Yes. Were they sorry? Yes. Did I forgive them? After they explained they were trying to protect me and went about it stupidly. Doesn't mean I'll forget how much they hurt me. My heart knew I loved these men, probably until my last breath, but my brain didn't want to relive that pain all over again.

"I say we take advantage of an empty house and you finally forgive Nate so we can have awesome make-up sex," Killian murmurs and dips his head to bite my earlobe. A shudder takes through my body and I don't doubt the hard cock poking my ass doesn't notice it. Either I'm drunk as fuck on beer or I'm incredibly horny because the thought of the two of them fucking me mercilessly has my panties wet and my thighs rubbing together.

Logically, I know Killian's still injured, but the fucker likes pain and if he's a good boy and let me do all the work, it could be a good time. "Killer, you're still healing so no acrobatics for you. I'll ride that dick like a rodeo and Nate can fuck the shit out of my ass or mouth. However, I think it's a bit unfair to poor Luca that you two get to fuck me and all he has is his hand to get him through the night." Not to mention Xan was stuck on vacation with his family and I'm still debating our relationship status.

"Oh, I can do with a show, Phoenix," his husky voice comes through the screen. "Besides, the guys need an outlet and since they can't kill or maime anyone, your tight little pussy is going to be the perfect outlet for them." I shivered as I stared into his eyes, the desire evident in them and Killian and Nate shifted closer to me, desire coming off them in waves. My body reacted to their nearness with my nipples hardening and my panties soaked even more. I can't deny I want them. Even if we leave this house tomorrow and I hate their guts, they'll always belong to me and I belong to them.