"Well, you are the only person in our class who seems to be able to hold a conversation with Horikita so I thought you could help." Hirata said to me.

"Well, Horikita herself doesn't want to get along with the others. So the problem lies with her and unless she tries to make friends it won't work. You understand that don't you?" I said to him with my usual neutral tone.

"Of course I understand. However, there are also other people that are worried. I don’t want any problems about bullying to arise in the class." Hirata said with a worried tone.

Bullying huh. That is a plausible thing to be worried about.

"I think you should be the one telling her this instead of me." I said to him.

"I guess you're right about that. Sorry for asking that." Hirata said with a smile.

"Don't worry. I don't mind it. So I'll be on my way them." I said to him as I walked away from him.

"Sure." Hirata said before he walked away as well.

He seems to really care about Horikita despite how she acts in class. She is one of the least liked students in the class so including Hirata and me there are only a few people who can tolerate her.

I left the school and made my way to the dorms. But then I spotted Kushida leaning against the wall as if she were waiting for someone.

I thought she was supposed to be going with her friends to the cafe? Did they have a change to plans?

As I was thinking about it Kushida noticed and smiled before she walked towards me. Which promptly made me realise that she was in fact waiting for me.

"That’s good. I was waiting for Aaron-kun. I have something to talk about. Do you have time?" Kushida asked me with a smile on her face.

It is most likely about Horikita. I'm pretty sure she is going to ask me for help in the matter considering the fact that her invitation had failed before.

"That depends. Can whatever you're doing end before 5 o'clock?" I asked her curiously.

"Oh, actually. It's something that I want your help with tomorrow." Kushida said with a smile.

"What do you want my help with?" I asked her.

"Well, I’ll ask you frankly. Aaron-kun, have you ever seen Horikita smile even once?" Kushida asked me with a thoughtful look.

"No. I don't think I have seen her smile even once." I said to her honestly.

Then suddenly she grabbed ahold of my hand before she closed the gap between us. I could also smell some flower perfume on her. It does smell nice.

"You know… I want to become friends with Horikita-san." Kushida said to me.

"I know that. But it looks like Horikita doesn't want to. You're basically the only person who still approach her." I said to her with a shrug of my shoulders.

"Maybe. But Aaron-kun, you seem to be quite close to Horikita." Kushida said as she looked at me.

"She sits beside me so I do need to know her." I said to her.

Another thing I've noticed is that Horikita isn't in any group in our class. Girls seem to generally be more conscious of their groups or factions than men are. And the class only 4 people help all the power among the 20.

Kushida is the only one who is in good terms with all four of them and is also very popular. And owing to her nature she is the only one who actually tries to communicate and become friends with Horikita. Honestly speaking, not many can do what this girl can do with being able to befriend so many people in such a short time.