Withered | Chapter 8

彡★💜★彡

You woke up to the smell of flowers, you open your eyes to see a bouquet sitting next to you on the nightstand. Along with Waluigi sleeping in his bed. You yawn and stretch before putting interest in the flowers. "They're (f/f)." You thought, "Where, how did he get these?...wait, what if they're not for me? Am I hallucinating or having a dream?" You set the flowers down and pretend like you didn't assume they were for you. But who else would they be for?

You stare at Waluigi who's sleeping, glaring at him for a moment. You were still mildly upset at him from yesterday. You waited for him to wake up, reading the comic book you had given him to pass time. Though you were getting hungry.

Eventually he woke up, rolling onto his other side so now he was facing you. He rubs his tired filled eyes. "Good morning." You say, flipping through the pages of the comic book. "Hm? Oh. Morning." He replies, there is a weird silence for a while.

"Are you reading my..." Waluigi begins, "Nevermind." He reminded himself that you had bought it for him as a gift. You laugh at him, "I am. You're too busy sleeping."—Waluigi makes a face, "Does your positive demeanor mean you forgive me and accept my gift?" He mocked.

"Gift? Are the flowers for me?" You reply, pausing your reading time. "No, they're for casper—the ghost." He teased, blowing a raspberry, "they're for you." His words make you smile. "You're saying sorry? To me? Do you care about my feelings?" You teased.

"No...well, yes, but not because I care about your feelings but rather than my...uhm, status." He hesitated, hiding his face under the bed sheet. You raise an eyebrow at him, "Ah, self centered? I guess I don't accept your gift." You go back to reading the comic book.

You hear Waluigi stutter and you glance back at him, "I...I mean, uh..." He looks away from your gaze. Eventually, he slowly sits up and clears his throat. "Yes, yes...I'm apologizing.—Because of your feelings." He twirls his thumbs around, afraid to look at you in the eyes.

You give a snarky smile, "Okay." You shrugged. "O...okay? Okay?" Waluigi seemed confused that there was all you had to say, "Yeah, okay." You say. Waluigi falls silent. "I forgive you. Let's go eat Breakfast, okay?" You smile at him, "Fix your hair. You look like a dork."

The man is off put by your attitude, "You- Augh...!" He grumbles and argues under his breath as he goes to the bathroom to fix his hair. You stop and pull him into a hug, "Really, thank you. Did you know (F/F) are my favorite?" You tell him. The look on his face is a mix of emotions.

"Err...uh, yyeeeah. Someone told me." He answered, awkwardly hugging you back before you pull away. "Did you ask them?" You question him, he seems nervous. "You're asking a lot of questions for someone who accepted my apology." He declared, going back to what he was gonna do, fix his hair.

•*🃏*•

The time passed, you were about to leave the town that day with help from the people. "Thank you so much for the help, I promise to pay you back once I get settled in at the castle!" You reassured the townspeople, the mayor thanked you for your visit and aided you with supplies just in case you needed it. "Oh it's not a problem!" Some would say, reassuring you to not worry too much about it. You definitely made sure to thank the designer who fixed your dress plenty of times.

You had gotten distracted talking to some of the people you left Waluigi and Lakitus hanging. "Come on princess, don't you need to get home or something?" Waluigi said with an attitude. His hand on the brim of his hat. You grow flustered, "Oh, right, I'm sorry. It was nice meeting you all! Really! I hope to see you soon!" You wave to everyone as you get on Lakitu's cloud.

As you make your way up theres a disturbance, it makes you panic, "Where are you, PRINCESS (Y/N)!?" A familiar voice roared, "And...Waluigi...?!" He added. Waluigi deadpans to you as if he was saying "Is this guy serious?" The two of you quickly look up to see smoke. "Go! Get out of here!" The mayor exclaimed...you felt bad but before you can say anything the cloud you sat on goes up, feet above the ground. It was so quick and sudden you tip over.

"Whoa there Princess!" Waluigi exclaimed, grabbing onto your side to pull you up next to him. "You atta' pay attention more often. No need to get you caught again. I'm no Mario you know?" He said in a snarky tone. You glare at him for a moment but can't help but smile a bit while looking at him. "Thanks." You replied.

The flowers and bags from the "trip" were in your hands and lap. You look down at them then at the city that's about to get terrorized by Bowser just because of you. "I have to go back." You say quietly. "Are you crazy!?" The man exclaimed, you shot your head to him, shaking it. "No, no! I mean...not now, but later. To thank them. Help them out if Bowser destroyed anything..." You cleared. There's a moment of silence for a bit.

"I guess. Yeah." Waluigi looks out into the city. Seeing naive Bowser in the middle of it. Eventually, it fades out until the two of you can no longer see it. Looking back, you see Lakitu guiding the cloud. To your left, is Waluigi who's gazing out into the passing scenery. You feel a bit of emptiness while you look at him. He's been a pain yet so sweet at the same time. You can't help but notice his dimmed out eyes, the eyes you saw when you met him in the dungeon.

"What are you looking at?" Waluigi snarled, his unamused face turned sly, "Do you like my eyes?" His voice was smooth, catching you off guard and out of your gaze. You're unsure of what to say since you were just thinking about him, your face looks confused. He leans over, his face inches from yours. You shyly look away, "I was just—uh..." You began until Waluigi loses his balance and falls over on his back, and on the ground. "God dammit...!" Waluigi grumbled. You too almost fell over, Lakitu had roughly stopped the cloud in front of the Mushroom Kingdom. "Augh, no warning first!?" Waluigi yelled at Lakitu, rubbing his head and fixing his hair before putting his cap back on.

"You can at least say thank you for getting you here. I only did this for the princess." Lakitu rolls his eyes. "Thank you for what!? Making me fall? I'm starting to think you did that on purpose!" Waluigi said as he got up from his knees. "I was just protecting the Princess from someone–" Lakitu was cut off by you, "Guys! Please, quiet down. It's been a long week...Thank you Lakitu." You say in an attempt to get them to stop bickering.

The two seem to stop but Waluigi didn't stop glaring at him. You get up from the cloud, holding your flowers and shopping bag from that record store. "Here you go Waluigi." You smile at him, handing his comic book. His face softens immensely as he looks at you, "Thank you, Princess." He says. "You can still call me by my name." You assure, "I'm assuming you can get home from here?" "Yeah. I can. Thanks..." He looks at the comic book that's now placed between his hands.

At this point Lakitu had said his goodbye and left the two of you. "Waluigi." You say, he looks back at you, "Yes?..." he muttered, waiting for an answer. "Will I see you again?" You asked. This question catches him off guard, it takes him some thought, "I..." he began, "Well, of course you will. I'm Waluigi." He confidently says, crossing his arms as he looks at you.

"Let's meet under the stars. Okay?" You tell him. You knew what you said wasn't clear but he went with it anyway. "Oh for sure. I'll be there." He confidently replied with a smirk. You smile right at him, "Okay. I'll see you then." You say in a sing-song tune as you wave to him, making your way inside the castle. Unaware he watched you go inside the whole time.

Eventually, the man had started walking home. Looking up at the evening sky.

"Under...the stars? Wait...She didn't even tell me when!? Or where!? Or..."

"what?"

彡★💜★彡