34| Summer Break

C. Leclerc

"Charles, I cannot believe you just forced me to move in with you in Monaco," Artemis complained as she sat on the couch, groaning as she tried to find a comfortable position.

"Well no one's going to take care of you in your apartment in Spain so stop being a baby," I said as I took a seat next to her, letting her lie her head on my shoulder. She laughed and asked, "Was this your way of getting me to actually live with you?"

"The circumstances helped me significantly," I said with a smile, giving her a kiss on the forehead, "Now, how about breakfast. I can't cook so unless you can we're going have to go out."

"I can't cook for shit," Artemis answered  and we both laughed.

"That's alright, I don't expect you to," I reassured her, "Now let me help you get ready, I'll bring you to my favourite breakfast spot. It's a bit of a drive but I promise it's worth it."

"Okay let me just do my makeup to hide my nasty scar," she said as she started tracing her finger on her scar but I gently grabbed her hand and said to her, "You can do your makeup princess but don't cover it. I think you should be proud about the scar."

"Why?."

"Because it reminds me everyday that I didn't lose you and that you didn't fail your legacy, it's just an obstacle," I said as I kissed her scar gently. She smiled and replied, "God, I keep on thinking about that stupid street corner in Italy and I would have rather died than actually kiss you. But then all the fans thought I was your new girl."

"Can I tell you a secret?," I asked and she nodded in response.

"When you took off your hoodie that night to show that scandalous top...I was staring at your tits," I confessed and she laughed then said, "Well I don't really have much in that department."

"Oh believe me, it's fucking perfect," I said as I gave her a long kiss on the lips.

"Yeah I don't think so, a lot of people on Twitter thinks I'm built like a door," she pointed out so I teased, "Then you're the sexiest, most bodacious door out there."

"You are so stupid," she said as she giggled but then she hissed again in pain, clutching her chest.

"And you need to take it easy," I scolded, "Now let's go get that breakfast.

____

____

"Charles, I'm kind of nervous meeting your family, what if they don't like me?," she asked as she fiddled with her fingers but I could only help but smile and say, "They'll love you, you're amazing honestly."

"Uh huh," she said, still nervous. 

"They know how much you've influenced my life to be better," I explained as I kissed her on the forehead, "And how much you make me happy. My life is so bleak without you, you know that?"