8| After Bahrain

C. Leclerc

I didn't realise how annoying Artemis can be when she won. She made me her chauffeur! I'm a race car driver not a personal driver! Yet here I am, waiting in front of the door to her hotel room, waiting for her to get dressed.

I knocked on her door repeatedly with growing patience and yelled, "You're fast on the track and yet I'm starting to get grey hairs from waiting here!"

"Shut up and wait!," she yelled. I groaned. I'd been standing for 2 hours, we're actually going to be fashionably late. I knew I had no obligation to stay, I could always just leave and she can sort out her own ride but I find myself planted to the carpet.

I hated waiting but I didn't even know why I was eager to see what she was up to. I've seen paparazzi photos of her in her night getups but I had a strange feeling it would be different seeing it on her in person. Finally, by some miracle, the door unlocked, revealing Artemis.

Gone was the sweat-trickled wavy mess called hair, and red face from the heat in the car. There she was, with styled long hair that looks so shiny. She still had her usual dead eye look but it was drawing me in to her. It didn't help either, that she was wearing a tight red dress that accentuated her athletic body.

Fuck.

I quickly looked away and teased to regain my composure, "What's with the get up? Trying to bed Carlos tonight?"

"As a matter of fact, I'm feeling great tonight so I'm aiming to bed anyone on the grid," she said with a big smirk on her face. Is she actually serious? She can't be serious right?!

"Are you actually serious?," I asked, but I couldn't tell in what tone it was. The words just kind of came out of my mouth.

"No? What the hell? I was kidding, you can usually read my sarcasm Lord Percy," she teased and I just rolled my eyes and internally let out a sigh of relief. What is happening to me? This woman is consuming me.

"I'm not like you Charles, I don't need my libido satisfied 24/7," she teased again as she walked past me, here body naturally swaying to the rhythm of her walk. I looked down to hide whatever state my face was as she clapped her hand, "Chop! Chop! Time for the after party! Not for mingling but for drowning in alcohol!"

____

L. Norris

It was pretty nice to have a club all to ourselves. Perks of having money I guess, being able to separate ourselves from the rest of the world. Having a moment of peace, or party or both, with the promise to all our teams that we'll be on our best behaviour.

But you know how it goes, we "try" to be under our best behaviour.

Who can be in their best behaviour when the loud music pumps through making anybody who hears it dance. Thankfully we had some of the team staff join us to have fun and hopefully keep an eye on us.

All the current drivers of the grid were enjoying the buffet and I see the new girl all alone, downing what seems to be non-alcoholic wine...I hope. I made a beeline towards her and held out my hand and said, "Hi I'm Land-."

"Fuck off-," she slaps my hand immediately but I quickly catch myself and catch her hand to give her a handshake.

"Nope. Hi my name is Lando, you're Artemis right?"

"Yes I am, Artemis Devereaux driving under Scuderia Ferrari, anything else you want?," she seethed, by her words you'd think she wants to be left alone but her eyes and the way she spooked at the rest of us said differently.