14| Typical

C. Leclerc

I've been tossing and turning in my bed since Artemis kissed me on the cheek. Not because she finally kissed me in some way but because of what she said.

"You have a special heart Leclerc. Don't ever waste it on me."

Why would she say that? Is she trying to mess with me? The day was already turning into night and I still can't get what she said out of my mind.

I quickly got myself dressed and head down to the bar

I quickly got myself dressed and head down to the bar. I'm going to need a massive debrief if I want to survive the next Grand Prix in Australia.

______

C. Sainz Jr.

I was glad to see Artemis in my room, in my presence but something was off. She hasn't kissed me, she hasn't touched me. She just stood a distance from me.

"What's wrong?," I asked, "Usually, when you come over, we're already doing something in my bed."

"I came to talk," she said sitting next to me on the bed and taking my hand in hers. My heart began to slowly drop. I didn't like how she looked at me right now. There was no lust or passion, just sadness.

"If what you're going to say is what I think you are going to, please don't Artemis, you know it's a mistake," I begged, my own heart defeating me as I watched her look away. She couldn't even look me in the eyes. She was just holding my hand and soothing it with her thumb.

"I have to Carlos, I'm sorry," she said. Why was she apologising?

I slipped my hand out of hers and pulled her into a hug, "Artemis, please, you have to understand. I can give you anything you want. Just give me time. Stay with me please."

She gently pushed me away and held my hands again. "Carlos, I can't string you along all the time. Don't you get it? I come here to you for sex and just sex!"

"And I'm okay with that, please Artemis just don't-"

"I can't keep doing this Carlos, I can't keep denying how I feel about-," she argued and my heart completely dropped at this moment. I can't believe it. She's choosing him over me.