chapter 3: And The Truth Comes Out

That night was a bit strange. All we mostly have done so far is sit around and watched a stupid movie.

"Hey uh Bruce." Richard was the one to break the silence.

"Hmm?" Bruce responseds.

"Imma walk Wally home. And visit For a bit, Artemis doesn't have night classes." He states.

"I think you should stay here." Bruce states. Richard groans in annoyance, making it obvious.

"Bruce I..." he tries but Bruce sticks his hand up to silence him.

"Richard I said you should stay here, so that means stay here." He barks.

I look at Richard and he rolled his eyes. "But Br..."

"Richard..." They glare at each otjer For a long time.

"Hey man I'll Just tell her you say Hey and such." Wally starts.

"No, cause I'm going too." He states and graves his jacket. "I'll be staying at mount justice For the night." He states.

"Richard Grayson!" Bruce barks as he stands up.

"I'm not a kid anymore. Good night." He states and slams the door behind him.

Wow, Richard has a worse attitude problem and listening skills than me. I think to myself as I watch Bruces face scowl. "He's 18 Bruce, welcome to the life of young adults." I state, scarcasm pouring down my tongue, on each word that is said.

"Jason, don't, don't start. Just get into gear and follow him please." He asks.

"Why don't you?" I ask. "I am not his baby sitter." I point out.

"No but you arw is older brother. Now get out there and watch him." He orders. I'm about to protest but his bark is like a bite and he shouts, "Now!"

I roll my eyes and go get changed. Bruce is even more of an asshole than before.

I get out on my bike and follow them. Making sure to stay out of their site and such. They seem to be taking their sweet ass time getting to Wally's place. But of course, Richard isn't in a hurry to get home tonight.

They reach Wallys house and I have to sit here waiting until he walks out.

That takes an hour or so until I hear, "alright, you two stay whelmed and aster." He calls out, waves and heads towards mount justice.

"Richard!" I call out. He looks over at me. His groan, making it obvious that I'm not welcomed.

"What do you want?" He asks, voice dripping with obvous irritation. "Bruce send you?" He asks.

"Yup." I answer, removing my Red Hood helmet. "He wants me to bring you back home." I state, boredly.

"Gonna do it?" He asks, sounding ready to run. I shake my head.

"No, I won't. I understand what it feels like, to try and get away from Bruces control." I state. He scuffs and I look at him, he has that 'you habe no idea look on his face'. "What?" I ask.

"You-" he starts and I place a hand up.

"You have no idea what it is like." I state before he does. "But hear me out kid. I really do." He shakes his head.

"No, you are always on his good side when you were my age. He Just thinks I'm going to end up like you when I'm 21." He states looking at the ground. I look at the kid surprised.

"I was on Bruces good side?" I asks, without thinking. He watches me closely.

"Jason, are you drunk or something?" He asks me. I shake my head.